Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson has only managed to fluke one good season he's been here. He is unable to spot defensive talent and recognise when a players best years are behind him. Times up but Tiger doesn't care enough to take action.

We need new owners for this club to progress

I think KR team on Tuesday might say more than he did in his interview after the game yesterday there’s certain players who I think won’t make the squad
Shodipo
Agyei
Sykes
Eastwood I think will be benched
Henry will be benched
He needs to bring JM in at the back for experience Stevens needs to start in goal maybe put some youth on the bench these players would give anything to play in our 1st team

Hindsight is great isn’t it ? The subs admittedly did not work but I don’t think that was ever a game that we should have tried to close out with substitutions. Swindon were there for the taking and I think attacking substitutions, at that time, were probably correct to try and get that second that would have finished the game. There looked more chance of us getting another than there did conceding one, never mind two.

Our three subs just didn’t produce and maybe if they’d even reached 50% of their capabilities we’d have seen it through but all three were poor on the ball, didn’t seem to want to track runners and just looked lethargic. My one gripe is that I felt the wrong players came off. McGuane was having a really strong game, Obita less so but he gave obvious balance and was doing ok. Taylor look shot and he should have come off with Agyei a straight swap up top. In that situation I wouldn’t have taken Henry off, he’s one of those players who's presence on the pitch just feels right when the game was going the way it was.

Agree with the wrong players coming off. Along with Taylor, Kelly also looked knackered and should have come off for Mcguain. Also Forde for Henry rather than Sykes. Ageyi for Taylor too.

He is the manager/coach he is the one instructing the players, changing tactics and bringing on subs, I get the back line sometimes want to move back as they don't trust calamity Jane in goal. But the whole 10 outfield players dropped back and were not interested in venturing forwards. Question needs to be asked why this was? My guess is they was instructed to see out the game, drop deeper, time waste.
He put attacking energy players on not defensive ones and when has Robinson ever been defensive in his time with us?

I think KR team on Tuesday might say more than he did in his interview after the game yesterday there’s certain players who I think won’t make the squad
Shodipo
Agyei
Sykes
Eastwood I think will be benched
Henry will be benched
He needs to bring JM in at the back for experience Stevens needs to start in goal maybe put some youth on the bench these players would give anything to play in our 1st team

We can't put youth on the bench as they are not in the squad. Same reason why Delboy can't be thrown in. We are stuck with this squad until atleast January. Eastwood will be benched, Taylor will be suspended so Agyei is the only centre forward. Back line will have to be the same as Mous knees are shot. Clare can come back to the right attacker and drop Henry. Kelly and mcguane should retain their place, Gorrin should keep his place as well as Obita.

So the only team we can put out in my opinion is.

Stevens
Long Atkinson Moore Ruffles
Gorrin
Kelly Mcguane
Clare Agyei Obita

We can't put youth on the bench as they are not in the squad. Same reason why Delboy can't be thrown in. We are stuck with this squad until atleast January. Eastwood will be benched, Taylor will be suspended so Agyei is the only centre forward. Back line will have to be the same as Mous knees are shot. Clare can come back to the right attacker and drop Henry. Kelly and mcguane should retain their place, Gorrin should keep his place as well as Obita.

So the only team we can put out in my opinion is.

Stevens
Long Atkinson Moore Ruffles
Gorrin
Kelly Mcguane
Clare Agyei Obita

You can and we have. There’s a cut off in the age players have to be to be classed as a senior player.

You can and we have. There’s a cut off in the age players have to be to be classed as a senior player.

I believe the age cut off is to do with wether their wages account to the maximum wage cap that was bought in this year. You can only name a maximum of 22 players in the squad and can't be changed until January. This is league games only not tinpot Cup.

Agree with the wrong players coming off. Along with Taylor, Kelly also looked knackered and should have come off for Mcguain. Also Forde for Henry rather than Sykes. Ageyi for Taylor too.
Both Taylor and Kelly put in a hell of a shift in the first 35 minutes, chased down absolutely everything. They were working so hard that it almost looked to me that the remit was to put the game to bed knowing full well that we couldn’t keep that press up for the duration. Thats why I was really surprised those two weren’t the two to give way to the subs. Taylor was barely jogging in the later stages and his work was done.

I believe the age cut off is to do with wether their wages account to the maximum wage cap that was bought in this year. You can only name a maximum of 22 players in the squad and can't be changed until January. This is league games only not tinpot Cup.
Incorrect, only those o21s named can play in league games, BUT they can be supplemented by any player u21 in any game.

Both Taylor and Kelly put in a hell of a shift in the first 35 minutes, chased down absolutely everything. They were working so hard that it almost looked to me that the remit was to put the game to bed knowing full well that we couldn’t keep that press up for the duration. Thats why I was really surprised those two weren’t the two to give way to the subs. Taylor was barely jogging in the later stages and his work was done.

Not certain 35 minute shift should be killing professional footballers, especially Kelly who hasn’t played as much as Taylor this season. Kelly looked decent on the ball first half yesterday but you are always going to have question him physically, seems to struggle with that side of the game.

I think that sums up your lack of knowledge!!!

It'll be interesting to see where Karl goes from now. Just out of interest for the current 'Karl In'ners, what have you seen this season that makes you think Karl is the best option to take us forward? And why, after just under three years at the club, do we look so lost as a team? Why is Karl struggling to motivate his squad when he's signed the vast majority of those players? And why is he seemingly looking for a big reaction from them every week?

Something just isn't right, and things can't continue as they are. Whether it means a larger than usual transfer window in January or Karl actually leaving, things will need to change. I think there are gaps in the squad, but on the whole these are talented players, many of whom have played in the Championship and succeeded. I think back to what happened at Charlton when Karl left (and let's not forget our win at Charlton was when KR was their boss, so total collapses aren't one-offs with him), a complete novice manager in Lee Bowyer came in and got so much more out of their current crop of players, getting them promoted. I'm not saying that that's our magic bullet, but surely that raises questions as to how good a manager Karl actually is?

Last edited:
I am neither a Robbo in or out man, not got really strong feelings either way but it’s hard to see a situation with him going as we are not bringing much cash in whereas getting rid of him will cost us a tidy lump so if tiger doesn’t want to pay up mid season it isn’t happening.

Robinson normally adapts eventually and we are then alright, it takes a while though and hopefully this is the case again, a decent January transfer window and the defensive side shored up and we should be able to stay up (not discounting relegation happening though, any side that ships goals like us is under threat).

At the end of the season will be the time tiger looks at it if he does, whether he will want to put up with the same poor start season after season is up to him, it’s his cash.

Speculate as much as we want but he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon because he is sitting on a long contract. He is going to have to tough this out and probably be very ruthless in January. This is all about poor recruitment in my opinion, coming back to bite them in the a**e. Why they didn’t bring a central defender in just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Robinson has only managed to fluke one good season he's been here. He is unable to spot defensive talent and recognise when a players best years are behind him. Times up but Tiger doesn't care enough to take action.

We need new owners for this club to progress
With the club debt and stadium situation, who would be interested outside of vultures. Be great to get that kind of new owner payday, I just don’t see it happening.

nope, League too:
43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs, any Under 21 Players.

Hindsight is great isn’t it ? The subs admittedly did not work but I don’t think that was ever a game that we should have tried to close out with substitutions. Swindon were there for the taking and I think attacking substitutions, at that time, were probably correct to try and get that second that would have finished the game. There looked more chance of us getting another than there did conceding one, never mind two.
Disagree with this completely, things started going south right from the beginning of the second half and I was relieved when the subs board came out. Then surprised we went with such an attacking change...at the bare minimum Forde should have been one of the changes, and Agyei should have come on for Taylor. Henry, though not much worked for him, was not knackered. Kelly had shot his bolt by the hour mark. But on another day and with a slightly less shocking performance from all three subs we could and should have gone on to win.

Disagree with this completely, things started going south right from the beginning of the second half and I was relieved when the subs board came out. Then surprised we went with such an attacking change...at the bare minimum Forde should have been one of the changes, and Agyei should have come on for Taylor. Henry, though not much worked for him, was not knackered. Kelly had shot his bolt by the hour mark. But on another day and with a slightly less shocking performance from all three subs we could and should have gone on to win.

God knows what you were watching. We totally dominated the first eight or nine minutes of the second half. Swindon didn’t have a meaningful touch of the ball until the 53rd minute, I recall seeing it on the clock. At no time did Swindon ever look to have a foothold in the match, it became a bit more even as they started to go longer in search of an equaliser but they were never once in control In terms of bossing the ball.

I think that sums up your lack of knowledge!!!

Ok I got it wrong with not realising under 21s can sneak in the squad at any time. But I am right that the squad has a max of 22 players and can't be changed until January. This is why Delboy can't play.

I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom