Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, people were rightly questioning why a manager has, for the second season in a row, assembled a team that spent the first 10-15 games looking pretty shambolic.

I think this question still needs answering, you can't go season after season starting so poorly, makes the mountain of promotion that much harder to climb

Third season in a row. Despite this upturn in form - which came off the back of one of our worst results and performance in recent years - I'm not going to get too excited yet. We've seen this so often from Karl's sides since he's been at the club: a terrible start, followed by an upturn in results, another dip in form and then a strong finish.

The squads he's put together his time here rely so much on confidence and hitting streaks of form, and it's something that produces a head-scratching rollercoaster of emotions during every season. If you love that sort of thing then you'll probably like Karl as a manager, but for me I prefer a different type of football that is less confidence based, less blood guts & thunder and a bit more tactical and smarter when it comes to beating sides who play in different ways. I don't think I'll ever love him as our manager as many seem to do, but if he's getting results I will tolerate him and when he's underperforming then I'll say so.

Tell you what, the first couple of pages of this thread are an absolute joke. Just goes to show how fickle us football fans can be..

I don't think it's right for a bunch of fans to pop up saying 'I told you so' during what was a pretty terrible start to the season (and his third terrible start out of three). And let's not forget, this thread was created after the culmination of a pretty pathetic performance against a lowly Swindon Town side. I think it's ridiculous to say that fan's negative comments after a really bad result against our closest rival were an 'abolsute joke'.

I agree with Kip though, the start of this season (as with most of the starts we have under Robinson) is/was definitely sackable territory. It also makes me frustrated how we then start playing once we find ourselves down s**t creek. I’ll give Robinson credit for the turnaround but I’d give him a whole lot more if he could produce a side capable of starting a season as well as we end it or as we seem to start after 10/15 games. That trend shouldn’t happen season after season.

THe thing is, with KR you get mistakes and bad starts but then when it gells you can get a team that’s overperforming and is a lot better than you’d expect for the money. I’m not sure he’ll ever sustain it long enough to get us promoted but I quite like it, it’s exciting and keeps me interested.

THe thing is, with KR you get mistakes and bad starts but then when it gells you can get a team that’s overperforming and is a lot better than you’d expect for the money. I’m not sure he’ll ever sustain it long enough to get us promoted but I quite like it, it’s exciting and keeps me interested.
I would much rather P**s the league by 10 points though 😅

Third season in a row. Despite this upturn in form - which came off the back of one of our worst results and performance in recent years - I'm not going to get too excited yet. We've seen this so often from Karl's sides since he's been at the club: a terrible start, followed by an upturn in results, another dip in form and then a strong finish.

The squads he's put together his time here rely so much on confidence and hitting streaks of form, and it's something that produces a head-scratching rollercoaster of emotions during every season. If you love that sort of thing then you'll probably like Karl as a manager, but for me I prefer a different type of football that is less confidence based, less blood guts & thunder and a bit more tactical and smarter when it comes to beating sides who play in different ways. I don't think I'll ever love him as our manager as many seem to do, but if he's getting results I will tolerate him and when he's underperforming then I'll say so.

I don't think it's right for a bunch of fans to pop up saying 'I told you so' during what was a pretty terrible start to the season (and his third terrible start out of three). And let's not forget, this thread was created after the culmination of a pretty pathetic performance against a lowly Swindon Town side. I think it's ridiculous to say that fan's negative comments after a really bad result against our closest rival were an 'abolsute joke'.

Couldn’t agree more. Exactly my feelings towards him. Playing catch up every season is not acceptable

But with the bad starts comes his attitude, his comments on players (or not ‘his players’), his stubbornness to change. There were glaring issues that should’ve been addressed at the start of the season, 4/5/6 games in, Eastwood being dropped, Clare being taken out of right back, the general lack of form throughout the side.

He’s far from a bad manager but I think he talks too much and I can’t listen to his interviews, that doesn’t mean I want him sacked though. I do wish he’d sign players fit for the now at the beginning of a season instead of taking 10-12 weeks to get up to speed.

All in all I can see why people were frustrated at the start of the season, it was woeful. By the same token I can see why people are delighted with how we are performing recently, we’ve looked like promotion contenders but because we’re playing well lately people shouldn’t deride those who questioned the start as they were correct in doing so. Of course you’ll get people who are extreme in their views but you get that on both ends of the spectrum

So when he does well you "tolerate him" and when he's not you'll criticise?

Well that's balanced and rational!!!

I’m getting reminders of Appleton this time I think 5 years ago. I remember the “no plan B” and though the man was out of his depth trying to play nice football in league 2.

Well he got there in the end. I’m pleased to see him top of the league ahead of other teams who should be doing better.

I’m getting reminders of Appleton this time I think 5 years ago. I remember the “no plan B” and though the man was out of his depth trying to play nice football in league 2.

Well he got there in the end. I’m pleased to see him top of the league ahead of other teams who should be doing better.
Yes all very good but do you want Robbo out😉

I'm not going to re-read the first 2 pages to find someone spouting that as a truth, I wasn't suggesting it wasn't said. Feel free to continue ignoring my other very valid arguments though 😀
The start was very poor. As somebody else suggested, with Gorrin, Ruffels, Atkinson injured and a tough start maybe there is some mitigation.
I would say that the club needs to look carefully look at getting players in earlier next season and the start needs to be better.
But.. . Some if the comments on this thread were Barking. Ridiculous.
We look a good team and improving. We are mid table with more than half a season to go and have the best record over the past 6 games.
A push for the play offs is not impossible. Far more chance in my view than some suggesting that we would be relegated.

people shouldn’t deride those who questioned the start as they were correct in doing so. Of course you’ll get people who are extreme in their views but you get that on both ends of the spectrum
I don't think that any deride those questioning the start of the season. It was an awful start and needs to be improved Upon.
All fans can decry some of the ridiculous comments though in my view.
Comments like we will be relegated if we keep Robinson, Whyte would be mad to come to oufc unless he wants a relegation on his CV, deserve to be derided. Ridiculous OTT comments.
I agree that the club need to look at the start of the season though...

I think that 80% of fans on here wanted MAPP sacked?

So when he does well you "tolerate him" and when he's not you'll criticise?

Well that's balanced and rational!!!

Based on Karl's track record so far, I think that's entirely rational. It's not like he hasn't been at the club to long enough for me to form an opinion on him. I said words to that effect last year as well, so you'd have to concede I'm consistent and not getting carried away with whatever good/bad run we're on at any given time.

I think what isn't balanced is that you seem to defend the club and anyone working there the moment there's a word of criticism. I don't think I've ever seen you say a bad word about the club, and I don't think that's entirely rational. I reckon it's because you're afraid if you don't then your source at the club will cut you off from all the insider info. And what will you have left then?

Yes apart from me. There was ridiculous hysteria
Hmmm - there was a time when we almost lost at home to Carlisle in the first season where if we had we were in a relegation fight and MAPP kept insisting on Plan A - pretty tippy tippy football. At the time, the Conference memories were raw and I for one was questioning his inflexibility of system when some basic 1-0 wins were required.

Based on Karl's track record so far, I think that's entirely rational. It's not like he hasn't been at the club to long enough for me to form an opinion on him. I said words to that effect last year as well, so you'd have to concede I'm consistent and not getting carried away with whatever good/bad run we're on at any given time.

I think what isn't balanced is that you seem to defend the club and anyone working there the moment there's a word of criticism. I don't think I've ever seen you say a bad word about the club, and I don't think that's entirely rational. I reckon it's because you're afraid if you don't then your source at the club will cut you off from all the insider info. And what will you have left then?

More hysteria I'm afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom