Robbo on radio Ox

Ox4Eva

Did anyone listen to the interview with him and his wife?

Really enjoyable and showed more of what makes him tick, I hope some of those who are determined to not give him a chance listened to that!

I can see his faults the same as anyone but I am willing to keep behind him and the lads...

Last edited:
No but I heard very good things. It’s available on iplayer so I’ll give it a listen on my commute home tonight.

Did anyone listen to the interview with him and his wife?

Really enjoyable and showed more of what makes him tick, I hope some of those who are determined to not give him a chanced listened to that!

I can see his faults the same as anyone but I am willing to keep behind him and the lads...

Yeah i thought it was a good interview too. Thoughtful. He's clearly passionate and enthusiastic. Needs to channel that energy though. There are signs he's learning and adapting. Am on the fence still but staying positive! Nice one radox for organising this and to Mr & Mrs Robinson for their openness

I think he has learned of late and has realised that his approach of barking at fourth officials and going ballistic on the touchline wasn’t generating any results. He has certainly mellowed and that’s been reflected in our results.

One thing that struck me about him from his post-game interview last night was his total immersion in the club he is managing. He bothers to look up the history to understand the ethos of the club’s support. He praised the support last night, cited James Constable when talking about Harvey Bradbury and said that the players were having a trip to Bicester barracks for a team building session ahead of Armistice Day. I can’t think of many bosses who have gone to those sort of lengths to understand what OUFC are about and that’s refreshing. I think he’s emotionally aware of how stressful supporting a football club can be and having a manager who can cite fan favourites, show local knowledge and reference the history outside of his spell here adds a kinship with fans.

I do find him very obvious at times though and do worry he shows his workings too often. He’s the first to tell the media when he does something that works! He wears his heart on his sleeve and is anything but enigmatic. His interviews do tend to reveal everything behind his thought processes including teams, formations and personnel that he’ll use in future matches. Maybe I’m reading too much into his openness by seeing that as a risk – would another manager be able to grasp what approaches he’s taking and be able to counter it? Perhaps so.

Good post Unification.
As you say he seems to totally immerse himself into the club, which I understand is a little different from the previous manager.
On top of what you mention, he seems to go to a number of U23 games and youth team games. You do hear of some managers who have no interest in the youth, but KR certainly appears genuine in his interest and desire to develop young players.
He has undoubted weaknesses but who doesn't?
I would imagine that most supporters want him to succeed. If he did end up sacked I think that it would be tough to easily find a replacement with the club's clear strategy of developing young players.
The Atkins and even CW kind of manager would be ruled out based on that.

Informative and insightful interview with the Robinsons

Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, unfortunately it’s the weaknesses that everyone focuses on when things aren’t going well. I’ve been a big critic of his for the start we’ve made to the season and the much discussed recruiting in the summer but there are things he can’t be criticised on - his passion for the club he works for, his work ethic and also the way he likes to give young players a chance for example.

What I will say is if a new manager had come in after Luton, with a clean slate, and done everything exactly the same as Robinson has, we’d all be on here saying what a great manager we’ve got.

I’ve still got one or two reservations but I’ve got a lot more time for him now than I had a month or two ago. I’d say he’s earnt some respect and more time to try and take us forward.

Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, unfortunately it’s the weaknesses that everyone focuses on when things aren’t going well. I’ve been a big critic of his for the start we’ve made to the season and the much discussed recruiting in the summer but there are things he can’t be criticised on - his passion for the club he works for, his work ethic and also the way he likes to give young players a chance for example.

What I will say is if a new manager had come in after Luton, with a clean slate, and done everything exactly the same as Robinson has, we’d all be on here saying what a great manager we’ve got.

I’ve still got one or two reservations but I’ve got a lot more time for him now than I had a month or two ago. I’d say he’s earnt some respect and more time to try and take us forward.

Spot on yes! I was all for Robbo Out but am impressed with not only the turnaround of the team but also his improvements off the pitch

So, he and his Mrs sit down with the nice chap from Radox who asks them some nice questions and guess what? He can talk a bit of sense, when his wife prompts him to. Very soft apathetic journalism.
Of course he looks into the clubs history, of course he watches the youth games and of course he realises that getting supporters onside and believing his good intentions are good for him. I daresay that there was a great deal of preparation put into that interview. Makes no odds to me, this is still the same man that came out with so much nonsense and contradictory rants after each game that the majority on here were calling for him to go. Results are what matters for me. But, fickle creatures that we are as supporters, if we end the season in with a promotion chance then he will, no doubt, be hailed as the new messiah.

I think he has learned of late and has realised that his approach of barking at fourth officials and going ballistic on the touchline wasn’t generating any results. He has certainly mellowed and that’s been reflected in our results.

Chicken and egg?

So, he and his Mrs sit down with the nice chap from Radox who asks them some nice questions and guess what? He can talk a bit of sense, when his wife prompts him to. Very soft apathetic journalism.
Of course he looks into the clubs history, of course he watches the youth games and of course he realises that getting supporters onside and believing his good intentions are good for him. I daresay that there was a great deal of preparation put into that interview. Makes no odds to me, this is still the same man that came out with so much nonsense and contradictory rants after each game that the majority on here were calling for him to go. Results are what matters for me. But, fickle creatures that we are as supporters, if we end the season in with a promotion chance then he will, no doubt, be hailed as the new messiah.
Some of these'of course comments some managers don't do..

Back
Top Bottom