Manager/Coach Robbo charged by the FA

I do agree that managers should not abuse refs. But each game is supposed to have an assessor watching the ref isn't it? But how many times does any action get taken as a result?
I suggest that if the refs want to be respected then the standard has to be higher in general and the chap on Saturday was so far below the mark as to be laughable. He *should* be taken off L1 games immediately, and be given a top-up course/briefing where he is shown what he did wrong, told how he could have applied the laws better and how to manage a game of professional football. Then he should be reffing at a lower standard (with an assessor) until he he up to the required standard - then he can try L1 again.
I know there is a shortage of refs, but if that chap is the best they can offer at a reasonably high professional level of the sport then the whole way refs are recruited, maintained and educated needs to be looked at urgently.

I do agree that managers should not abuse refs. But each game is supposed to have an assessor watching the ref isn't it? But how many times does any action get taken as a result?
I suggest that if the refs want to be respected then the standard has to be higher in general and the chap on Saturday was so far below the mark as to be laughable. He *should* be taken off L1 games immediately, and be given a top-up course/briefing where he is shown what he did wrong, told how he could have applied the laws better and how to manage a game of professional football. Then he should be reffing at a lower standard (with an assessor) until he he up to the required standard - then he can try L1 again.
I know there is a shortage of refs, but if that chap is the best they can offer at a reasonably high professional level of the sport then the whole way refs are recruited, maintained and educated needs to be looked at urgently.

Yeah, after one bad game they have a "Ref awareness course", next bad game get 3 points (if it is very bad then it is 4 points) and if they get to 12 points within a 3 year period they are banned.

Yeah, after one bad game they have a "Ref awareness course", next bad game get 3 points (if it is very bad then it is 4 points) and if they get to 12 points within a 3 year period they are banned.
how many points have Kettle, Drysdale n co amassed... I'd've thought enough to warrant 25 year bans as persistent offenders?

Another bad name from the past is Darren Deadman. He had that shocker Wimbledon home, Oct 16, on TV. Apparently he was sacked just prior to the 2017/18 season.
a crap official sacked ? wow , who'd've thought it? ... ( not me) .... good to hear though, cheers for the info @NottsYellow :)

I never knew how the referee "system" worked.................................... https://www.premierleague.com/referees

"Formed in 2001 to improve refereeing standards, the PGMOL group officiate across all the Premier League, English Football League (EFL) and Football Association (FA) Competitions. All three organisations fund it.
- The training, development and mentoring of 110 referees and 175 assistant referees, run by Managing Director Mike Riley (a former PGMOL referee) and a team of managers and coaches.
- The most high-profile officials, the 17 full-time professional Select Group One referees.
- Currently, PGMOL have 65 in the Select Group who are full-time professional match officials. These are broken down between Select Group 1 Referees, Select Group 1 Assistant Referees and Select Group 2 Referees. "

I can`t believe its been running for 18 years!!!!

Would be more disappointed if he hadnt got the charge after that shite display to be honest.

Another bad name from the past is Darren Deadman. He had that shocker Wimbledon home, Oct 16, on TV. Apparently he was sacked just prior to the 2017/18 season.
for gross misconduct rather than refereeing incompetence....

And that utter tosser of a ref get's away scot free.
Back at the manor crap refs knew in no uncertain terms what the manor crowd thought of them....... yet its all bit too genteel n restrained on that score at the breeze block imo

Back at the manor crap refs knew in no uncertain terms what the manor crowd thought of them....... yet its all bit too genteel n restrained on that score at the breeze block imo
You'd be surprised, the SSU has some very vocal regulars who are more than happy to inform the officials of the error of their ways!
(We do stop short of hurling anything more than abuse though - biscuits are only served in the lounge)

To be fair though you can’t let Managers or Coaches abuse match officials and get away with it can you.
Regardless of whether you think the Referee is useless or not.
Referees are constantly assessed anyway and for all we know he may have been given a low mark.
Even though I am a Robinson fan, I think maybe he should reign it in a bit.

Vocal disquiet expressed towards match officials from the SSU? Surely not. ?

Surely you can’t fine someone to below minimum wage ? [fao the robbo outers]

Back
Top Bottom