Manager/Coach Robbo charged by the FA

To be fair though you can’t let Managers or Coaches abuse match officials and get away with it can you.
Regardless of whether you think the Referee is useless or not.
Referees are constantly assessed anyway and for all we know he may have been given a low mark.
Even though I am a Robinson fan, I think maybe he should reign it in a bit.
the more vocal home support can though ;)

Of course opposing supporters will be subjective and partisan regarding decisions made by match officials, opposing sets of supporters seeing the same decision/ lack of decision differently, and match officials do a necessary but generally thankless job, but I do think the ruling authorities certainly at league1/ league2 level are in the main failing to grasp that football is (supposed to be) entertainment, yet so often paying customers are being grossly sold short on that score, purely because they, the ruling authorities, are not ensuring consistency from the match officials on a game to game basis. Most football supporters of lower league clubs know exactly who the worst examples are, so its really baffling that the authorities in charge of football apparently are not aware of the worst perpetrators are? Or even worse they DO know who they are but chose to take no action

perhaps a petition, or similar, sent to the relevant authority/s ( FA, EFL, referees association????) may have an impact , though I doubt it, certainly under the current set ups at The FA, EFL etc

TBH if KR verbally 'abused' the Shrewsbury match official, which, apparently he did, as he's been found guilty, sentenced and fined, well, rules is rules.
But it really is hypocritical if no action is seen to be taken by The FA, EFL etc, to deal with match officials who are regularly well below standard, week in week out

Match officials are needed for football matches to take place, wouldn't it be so much better if match officials were all of at least a minimum standard of capabilities? some of the ones weve had imposed on OUFC matches over recent seasons IMO really are way, way below what should be the minimum standard

So how was the fine determined ?
It is same for all L1 managers ? With add ons or take aways for what the offence was ? Or is it just a week’s wages etc ?

If only we had some prison officers to tell us.

So how was the fine determined ?
It is same for all L1 managers ? With add ons or take aways for what the offence was ? Or is it just a week’s wages etc ?

If only we had some prison officers to tell us.
Not a prison officer, but yeah it's the same.
Screenshot_20200108_014443_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

To be fair though you can’t let Managers or Coaches abuse match officials and get away with it can you.
Regardless of whether you think the Referee is useless or not.
Referees are constantly assessed anyway and for all we know he may have been given a low mark.
Even though I am a Robinson fan, I think maybe he should reign it in a bit.
I happen to know that he was given a very low mark for this match.

It just sums up the issue, managers are publically punished, referees, we don't know as they keep it as quiet as possible. Creates a perception that referees are above punishment and all that.

It just sums up the issue, managers are publically punished, referees, we don't know as they keep it as quiet as possible. Creates a perception that referees are above punishment and all that.
should have a referee league table with the bottom 1 getting relegated to having to officiate at swindon

A quick google search for Craig Hicks referee shows that many clubs have been subjected to his shocking displays. Funny he was the ref when we beat millwall and we got a very soft penalty.....

Back
Top Bottom