Robbie Hall

Yellows1

Any news on him, hope the lad is recovering well, massive massive player for us and a game changer....

We’ve heard nothing about him although I wonder whether he will ever play for us again

We’ve heard nothing about him although I wonder whether he will ever play for us again
The programme regularly updates supporters on the injured players (Amy Cranstons page)
Yesterday it said 'Rob Hall also remains on track with his rehab. We are now at the six week mark which means he can start normal weight bearing and start basic strength work. The hard work now begins for him'

I saw him at the training ground a few weeks back and he was still wearing a gigantic brace and hobbling badly. There’s no way he’s playing again this season.

Personally, and this is purely my own opinion, I’m not sure he will ever play again. I think this might be it, which would be tragic and beyond heartbreaking for him.

I saw him at the training ground a few weeks back and he was still wearing a gigantic brace and hobbling badly. There’s no way he’s playing again this season.

Personally, and this is purely my own opinion, I’m not sure he will ever play again. I think this might be it, which would be tragic and beyond heartbreaking for him.
You are more of a medical expert than I am!
I would imagine that there is some hope or he wouldn't go through the extensive rehab.
He must be guided by the medical experts who I would assume have suggested that he will became to play again?
I do agree that he tends to regularly pick up major injuries fairly regularly.

You are more of a medical expert than I am!
I would imagine that there is some hope or he wouldn't go through the extensive rehab.
He must be guided by the medical experts who I would assume have suggested that he will became to play again?
I do agree that he tends to regularly pick up major injuries fairly regularly.

With a serious knee injury, especially recurring ones (though this is not the same knee as before), professional and extensive rehab is required to have any sort of standard of life afterwards. I mean life as in walking around or being able to bend down and hug your grandkids. If he plays again at the end of it, then great, but he would go through this rehab one way or the other.

To be fair it’s hard to walk normally in one of those knee braces!

To be fair it’s hard to walk normally in one of those knee braces!

Quite!

It annoys me really when people talk about “crocks” (and I know no one has said this about Rob Hall). Getting injured is just part and parcel of playing any sport. Some people are maybe more prone to it than others, but it’s hardly their fault.

I look at someone like Jimmy Anderson (he’s a cricketer, in case you were wondering) and he just never seems to get injured. Playing as well now, if not better than ever at the age of 36 I think. Teddy Sheringham played til he was 40 Or so in the top flight.

It’s the luck of the draw.

Last edited:
Without sounding harsh, we should not pin any hopes on him playing for us at this level again and build a squad without him in our thoughts. If he does get back to a fitness where he can make a contribution then this should be seen as a bonus.

Hope you’re well AY. You’re right. I have a nasty feeling his injury could be very bad. I hope he plays again even if it is not for us...let’s hope for a miraculous recovery

I really hope he comes back, his goal against the Scum should make him a club legend regardless. At the end of the day he is a pro- footballer, if he cannot continue it would be like a brickie having his hands chopped off.

Hope you’re well AY. You’re right. I have a nasty feeling his injury could be very bad. I hope he plays again even if it is not for us...let’s hope for a miraculous recovery
Peter for those of us who are not experts on medical issues would you please explain why the injury could be very bad?

With a serious knee injury, especially recurring ones (though this is not the same knee as before), professional and extensive rehab is required to have any sort of standard of life afterwards. I mean life as in walking around or being able to bend down and hug your grandkids. If he plays again at the end of it, then great, but he would go through this rehab one way or the other.

Grandkids? How old is Rob Hall exactly? No wonder his knees are bad!

Back
Top Bottom