Ex Player Rob Hall

OxfordNondie

Is it me but on Saturday he looked slow BUT more worryingly over weight.

Was surprised we offered a contract but this observation makes it worse.

Have to admit that's the first thing one of my son's said that he looked like he had put on a lot of weight.

When I see him running up and down the touchline I wondered who it was I thought he looked old.

I, too, said on here that I feared for Hall. I think he’s mentally scarred by his injuries and that’s transferring to his physical output.

There seemed no desire in him to want to win the ball, battle for it. Having seen the quality of player that we are recruiting I really can’t see him forcing his way back in.

Robbo has to be brutally tough here. If he’s feeling compassionate he will tell Hall he’s out on loan until Christmas. If he’s feeling ruthless he will terminate his contract.

I, too, said on here that I feared for Hall. I think he’s mentally scarred by his injuries and that’s transferring to his physical output.

There seemed no desire in him to want to win the ball, battle for it. Having seen the quality of player that we are recruiting I really can’t see him forcing his way back in.

Robbo has to be brutally tough here. If he’s feeling compassionate he will tell Hall he’s out on loan until Christmas. If he’s feeling ruthless he will terminate his contract.

Not sure we need to as it’s seemingly already stacked massively in our favour due to his recent injuries.

Clearly overweight but wouldn't you be after the injuries and layoff he's had? Aerobic exercise probably restricted so time in the gym would have bulked him up and made the extra weight he's carrying look worse. Needs an arm around the shoulder and lots of running to get match fit and lose a bit of weight. Hope he manages it in the coming weeks because if he gets back to anywhere near his best he will be a valuable option to have.

Wouldn't say overweight but he is more bulked up, which is worrying because its made him slower. I'm afraid that without his pace he will be very ineffective.

It was always going to be a slow process. The same might be true of Baptiste, and I'm sure the club will bed both of them in sensibly and gradually. Maybe give Hall another run out tomorrow for half an hour?

Shall we wait and see how he plays when he's up to full fitness before writing him off or nah?

Someone already on here said we would never again see him in an Oxford shirt - this was before he played at the end of last season, so not even including the appearances he’s made so far this season. He’s been written off time and time again, I really hope he proves the doubters wrong

He's lucky to still be able to run let alone play football - I'm not sure that many people realise just how bad it was. He's going to need several months of full training and regular run outs in friendlies etc before anybody knows where he's really at. For that reason alone I'm not sure he will be allowed out to another club at such a crucial stage. I'm sure most people wish nothing but the best for him and hope that he can get back to at least near where he was. That goal against the scum alone means he can take all the time he needs as far as I'm concerned. Frankly I think it's an outrage that we haven't already unveiled the statue.

Blimey, he's had a serious injury and he's very slowly working his way back up to full fitness. He will appear slow, he'll be breathing heavy and it'll be tough for the first half of the season. Let's be patient because he's a fantastic player, even without his full pace his trickery and footballing brain is better than others in the squad. He won't be a starter but a cracking player to have on the bench every game.

What would be the point of terminating his contract? We'd still have to pay it in full.

Yes, he doesn't look like the player he was at the moment, and he likely won't get a start (at least in the league) anytime soon.

But a) More work with the physio and the training staff may get him up to fitness and back to form, and
b) If we have an injury crisis on the wings, would still be better to have him than no one at all.

What would be the point of terminating his contract? We'd still have to pay it in full.

Yes, he doesn't look like the player he was at the moment, and he likely won't get a start (at least in the league) anytime soon.

But a) More work with the physio and the training staff may get him up to fitness and back to form, and
b) If we have an injury crisis on the wings, would still be better to have him than no one at all.
With the excellent medical and fitness staff we have at the club, I’m sure he’ll be doing great things come January. As someone who’s had a bad cartilage injury, it could have been the end of his career.

Presumably the U23 games will be ideal for him to get some 90 minutes game time. A little less physical than first team games.

Back
Top Bottom