Ex Player Rob Hall

Give the guy a chance. First full start for goodness knows how long. He will need a good dozen games to see really see 'where he is at'.
So question would u pick him fir the Blackpool game
That's the issue. We cannot have him in the first team squad to get fit.
Forget sentiment if u want to win this league

No, I wouldn't play him against Blackpool. But I would play him in the silly EFL Trophy, quite possibly against Millwall or in the next U23 match.

No, I would use him in the squad/sub and u23 games until fit or able to judge progress. He needs time but the potential to get back to previous levels remain. Much too early to write him off.

I think it’s best we just use him as a impact sub 25/30 mins than a starter over the next couple of months, unfortunately atm it looks like the injuries has effected his game massively the first 45 minutes he lost the possession numerous times & was to scared to take a player on a that right hand side

Hall has to get used to playing speed, rather than training speed. Yesterday was the right game to start him in, less pressure and a chance for him to mentally get into the game at his own pace. It's a big season for the lads career, so he is bound to be cautious.

I never realised there were so many physios on this forum... I know where to come next time I'm struggling with ITBS...
Is that irritable bowel syndrome? I’m sure Any Cranston will be checking her job description (and latex glove supply) to see if that’s part of her remit! ?

Glad to say my doubts about keeping him have been shut down. Working hard to get back to 100% but still has enough class to do a decent job without being at full tilt

Already scored a couple of important goals and not even fully back on it yet. Looking sharper and more dangerous every time he plays. Hope he keeps on proving the doubters wrong
I'm sure you didn't mean it, but that sounds as if you think 'the doubters' wish him anything but the best! I 'doubted' (well, actually 'feared') that he'd never get back to his best - and he isn't there yet BTW - but I am sure everyone will be encouraged to see his continuing improvement in both fitness and confidence and will be delighted when he becomes one of the first names on the team sheet.

Great to have Hall back and approaching full fitness. But he still annoys the hell out of me when he beats a player, creates space, but then shoots from 30 yards instead of laying off a pass to a colleague in a goal-scoring position (yes, I know he has also scored like that, but I do feel that 75% of the time he’s too selfish).

Great to have Hall back and approaching full fitness. But he still annoys the hell out of me when he beats a player, creates space, but then shoots from 30 yards instead of laying off a pass to a colleague in a goal-scoring position (yes, I know he has also scored like that, but I do feel that 75% of the time he’s too selfish).

I thought the Sunderland game was a great example in what your saying, 2/3 times all he was looking to do was shot when there were better options on

I thought the Sunderland game was a great example in what your saying, 2/3 times all he was looking to do was shot when there were better options on
A case of trying too hard to impress?
Scoring a 30 yarder, if it comes off will be remembered for much longer than an assist. Not what should happen of course. But when someone is looking to get back in the side it sometimes does!!

As I’ve said previously, he very nearly never played football again - that he’s come back to even play again is remarkable. That he’s starting to get stronger and show glimpses of his old self, and has grabbed a couple of goals lately, is amazing. I’m so happy for the guy, and this is why it was right to not loan him out as a few people seemed to want. He needs to be here, being looked after and watched closely, by people who care.

Keep going, Robbie.

Loaning him out was never an option given as it would save no money as he is on a pay as you play contract.

Back
Top Bottom