Rob Hall

Sure I remember reading at the end of last season that he said he would be staying as he owed it to the club and supporters.

Remember at the time there were quite a few lengthy discussions about his injury from those of us that had experienced one or multiple similar ones.

My thoughts at the time were that he’d not be able to play and it was a bit too much of a risk due to the recurring nature/weakness.

To be fair he actually played more than I expected so fair play. I hope whatever happens he has some form of career in football because he’s always come across very well.

Every video of him in preseason he had his legs plugged into some special bags, I guess to reduce inflammation

My thoughts at the time were that he’d not be able to play and it was a bit too much of a risk due to the recurring nature/weakness.

Modern-day cruciate ligament grafts aren’t “weak” per se; if it’s a hamstrings tendon graft, already a tendon of a good thickness which is then doubled and doubled again, then bored through the bone to replace the torn ligament.

Don’t get me wrong, it can both re-rupture and be complicated in other ways; but with a decent rehab program Robbie could reasonably have expected to have been effectively cured. There is no need to wrap people in cotton wool post-ACL reconstruction.

I agree it don’t look good right now but my point; the lad’s been bloody unlucky.

Personally i'd terminate his contract. he'll never get back to full fitness now, we cant keep relying on players to come back from injury. great lad but his career has never got going due to injury. feel for the lad

Modern-day cruciate ligament grafts aren’t “weak” per se; if it’s a hamstrings tendon graft, already a tendon of a good thickness which is then doubled and doubled again, then bored through the bone to replace the torn ligament.

Don’t get me wrong, it can both re-rupture and be complicated in other ways; but with a decent rehab program Robbie could reasonably have expected to have been effectively cured. There is no need to wrap people in cotton wool post-ACL reconstruction.

I agree it don’t look good right now but my point; the lad’s been bloody unlucky.

Very true and having had three operations following an initial hamstring graft about 10 years ago (on the same knee) I think I perhaps err on the side of caution. He has been unlucky but based on his position and physical attributes/style of play I think perhaps it was a risk too far. Anyway good luck to him.

The season was a huge risk for us for him and us, he should have been looked as ‘if he can play then great’
He hasn’t been good this season when he has played, he needs space and hasn’t been given away, you don’t get it in this league, when he’s played, as in previous seasons, he’s been knocked off the bell far too easily
He has scored special goals and OUFC will always ‘support’ him, yes the goal against scum was a beauty to behold, watching from behind the goal was very special, it was always going in, KP will go on about what a huge loss but the reality is due to his injury proneness at best he has been and will be a bit part player, shame he has talent but even fit not a league 1 player, it’s too physical for him

You work at the Nuffield Orthopaedic? If so could you do a partial knee replacement on my wife's left leg. She's struggling to get fit

I slipped and fell down the stairs about four months after my ACL reconstruction and it held up surprisingly well. Smashed my face up and the ironing board came down and cut a chunk out of my head, mind.

Sure you weren’t pissed?

Nope, was carrying the ironing board to the cellar and had to step over something at the top of the stairs, missed the top one and it was bonk, bonk, bonk, crash, bonk until I was on the landing downstairs. I say I missed a step but that's actually wrong, I hit every f*cking one!

You work at the Nuffield Orthopaedic? If so could you do a partial knee replacement on my wife's left leg. She's struggling to get fit

‘Fraid not...left the NHS for the floating prison colony 12 years ago now.

Get Jeremy Hunt to ask me back nicely and I might consider it...

Nope, was carrying the ironing board to the cellar and had to step over something at the top of the stairs, missed the top one and it was bonk, bonk, bonk, crash, bonk until I was on the landing downstairs. I say I missed a step but that's actually wrong, I hit every f*cking one!

Bet you regret giving your butler that day off!

Back
Top Bottom