Rob Dickie

TailsWeWin

Why is it taking so long for this guy to make his debut? Faz reckons he won’t play in the next couple of games either. It’s a long bedding-in process!

Why is it taking so long for this guy to make his debut? Faz reckons he won’t play in the next couple of games either. It’s a long bedding-in process!
Faz said he will play at some point in the next 3 games. Faz said he's fed up with defensive mistakes and said Dickie is training well and will get his chance this week.

To be fair I think you’ve probably misread it. It’s Brannigan who Faz was referring to when he said he’s still a couple of games away

Sounds like Faz wants to choose his opponents carefully. e.g. if Rovers are going to lump it up to a battering ram or two, it may not be setting him up to succeed.

Dunkley took ages to break into the side. He'll get his chance and it's up to him to take it.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Look at Liverpool back in their heyday. They signed plenty of players who didn't get a sniff of 1st team action until they had been educated in "this is how we do it here" we can slag them off for forever and a day for stopping US getting into Europe. But their record is pretty good from the 70s and 80s to say the least.

I don’t think Liverpool in their heyday signed a player who couldn’t take John Mousinho’s place though. Not got a clue if Dickie is any good but our centre half’s don’t exactly set a high bar do they?

He was a regular starter in a successful Lincoln City side before joining us. They are a very "robust" side, so I don't think the physical side of the game can be an issue for him.

He would have been match fit when he joined us, but won't be now. We have central defensive mistakes in us game after game, and I find it very puzzling that this lad can't even get off the bench for us. These mistakes are costing us goals and points, and are affecting the confidence of the players in front of our defence.

I really don't understand why he's not getting a chance?

He was a regular starter in a successful Lincoln City side before joining us. They are a very "robust" side, so I don't think the physical side of the game can be an issue for him.

He would have been match fit when he joined us, but won't be now. We have central defensive mistakes in us game after game, and I find it very puzzling that this lad can't even get off the bench for us. These mistakes are costing us goals and points, and are affecting the confidence of the players in front of our defence.

I really don't understand why he's not getting a chance?

To be fair, I thought the tone was set yesterday early on by Ruffels/Lego losing the ball in dangerous positions just in front of the back four. That jitteriness then seemed to infiltrate the whole back line. So wouldn't say it was just the defence affecting the CMs.

I agree Colin. Eastwood apart, the spine is questionable, and his form is suffering too.

Think you're right, but we've got to stop all of this agreeing Trevor, it will be the downfall of the forum!!!

AT any one time there’s one player everyone has turned on, and another that will be our saviour if we ever see him. This week, they are Mousinho and Dickie

AT any one time there’s one player everyone has turned on, and another that will be our saviour if we ever see him. This week, they are Mousinho and Dickie
Our best chance of a saviour is to sign Gabriel JESUS or MOHAMED Salah....:(

I've been a supporter of Mousinho and I watched him carefully on Saturday.

I think his confidence is very low.

I don't think Dickie is our saviour, but I think he would be an upgrade on John at the moment.

I suspect being Captain does make it harder to drop him, but I also imagine that Faz wanted to blood the new full backs first, which was a priority I think.

Back
Top Bottom