Ex Player Rob Dickie

I've no doubt that Moore and Atkinson are gonna go on to be a great CB pairing for us, but I'm not sure they're ready to go straight in as our first choice pairing right from the start, it's a really important position, where mistakes have to be kept to a minimum, and we need an experienced head alongside one of them, so they can gain experience themselves whilst learning from an experienced partner, whilst also being guided through any rough patches.

At the moment, if Mous got injured, we'd only have Moore, Atkinson and Jones as our senior CB, and they have VERY little experience between them, and I feel a 4th experienced CB is a must.

But you have to tie in the senior places available in the squad. It opens up if Hanson is sold/loaned but we don't have room currently for an experienced CB, left midfielder and striker. Somebody also said about left back cover. So it depends on if any of the last 3 are u21 or Hanson goes out.

• React
Reactions: Ian
"Undisclosed fee" will be my wild guess at the transfer fee......................................

Just for a change ..............................................and another 37 pages of speculation of how much it was. :D

Flying along so far.

I heard £1.95 million upfront, 20% sell on, and 30% promotion in Year One of the contract decreasing by 5% per season. 5,000 Clubcard vouchers and delivery by Ocado.*

*I`m making that up, like all of us I don`t know.

But you have to tie in the senior places available in the squad. It opens up if Hanson is sold/loaned but we don't have room currently for an experienced CB, left midfielder and striker. Somebody also said about left back cover. So it depends on if any of the last 3 are u21 or Hanson goes out.
Loan out Hanson, and go all out for Garbutt as our left sided midfielder and left back cover, then bring in a striker, and an experience CB?!?

Don't ask for much do I?!?!

Would anyone actually be interested in Hanson, probably on a high wage and seems to have been injured or not playing for the last 2 seasons, hardly an attractive proposition for lge 1 or 2 teams?

Yes. I believe he made 26 appearances in league one last season. Would you not have classified him as a regular in the league then?

I hadn’t realised it was that many. It certainly felt like he was no longer part of the first team by the end of the season. I’m maybe projecting my own experience of when my legs went

I read that the deal could be worth £1.8m with add-ons. A London newspaper. So this suggests £800k to £1.5m upfront.

Once again the main point is missed, all that can be achieved with us if we truly are ambitious and the 2.5 is chicken feed compared to what the Championship can bring.
so again you've proved my point grab the money. Why not stop all this one season more crap and try to achieve your ambition with those players.
I don't think that the Championship is the land of milk and honey you make it out to be. £2.5 million is not an insignificant amount to teams in the Championship.
so a spend north of 40 million on a new stadium rather than remain where we are is to stay in League 1 is it? maybe i got it wrong but i thought i read on here that this shiny new stadium that we're suddenly going to fill in the Championship was the answer?
Where is this £40 million coming from? It certainly isn't the extra money that being in the Championship would generate.

I suggested that they are overestimating the effect that being on the Championship would have on finances and they brought up £40 million for a stadium.

I haven’t linked the Stadium purchase to getting to The Championship.
Then why did you answer the question I put to Horseman?

I suggested that they are overestimating the effect that being on the Championship would have on finances and they brought up £40 million for a stadium.

Then why did you answer the question I put to Horseman?
Because you quoted me. Looks like crossed wires.

Hi there qpr fan coming in peace, please come take him back like fair play he was your best player but he’s simply not good enough for a high level team like and good luck for your season.

Hi there qpr fan coming in peace, please come take him back like fair play he was your best player but he’s simply not good enough for a high level team like and good luck for your season.
? come back in 12 months pal, and see if you feel the same way, that is if he hasn’t already been snapped up by a premier league club by then

To be fair our fishing QPR (3-0) friend must know exactly what he's talking about, having already seen so much of Dickie play ?. However we all wish Rob all the best at QPR (3-0) and hopefully we will be playing QPR (3-0) soon enough when we join QPR (3-0) in the championship. Anyway enough of such childish banter with our QPR (3-0) friend.
All the best for the season ahead QPR (3-0) fan @Knighty1725
(3-0)

Back
Top Bottom