Ex Player Rob Dickie

Our extremely rich backers if they can see a return from the investment. Look at what Thohir did at DC United.
You're living in cloud cuckoo land, my friend. There's not going to be any brand new, shiny stadium.

Ah, gutted but good luck to him. Was great watching him develop into a great defender.

I remember him getting slagged off so much away to Plymouth in 2019, but i always supported him.

Undisclosed, but I'm led to believe it us £2.5m plus 20% sell on fee and additional adds on (mainly appearances but also promotion) that could take it above £3m in total.

Good, good business and now we move on to adding to our squad. Suspect that we'll see 3 more coming in during the next 10 days or so.

Good that we knew that this was coming, have prepped in replacing him (Atkinson, maybe one other?) and have commanded what is certain to be a decent seven figure fee.

Bad to lose a good player.

Dickie has been excellent and departs us as a player I’d certainly applaud if our paths cross again. Good luck to him.

And for the small number of moaners about it - it’s the model here. Accept it. We will sell players and reinvest it rather than some of the ‘throw everything at promotion even if it means running contracts down and losing players on frees’ attitudes I’ve seen on here lately.

Undisclosed, but I'm led to believe it us £2.5m plus 20% sell on fee and additional adds on (mainly appearances but also promotion) that could take it above £3m in total.

Good, good business and now we move on to adding to our squad. Suspect that we'll see 3 more coming in during the next 10 days or so.
That sounds like a very good deal with his contract to expire next summer. It's good to see a sell on fee as well. All the best to him.

Good news if that is the case, but seems a little high to me dues to his contractual situation.

I do hate these 'undisclosed' fees, doesn't help with transparency of which more is needed in football.

Shame as he’d developed into our best defender and one of our best players. Not only brought a lot to the attacking side of our game, but also became so solid that he’d rarely be beaten one on one. We’re definitely a poorer team without him but them’s the breaks I suppose.

Painful. Have no complaints about him wanting to leave, was clearly ideal for both parties, fair play to him for giving us an extra season to allow us to sell him for a good fee.

I'm sure his career is only going to get better and better, good luck to him with it (not that he needs it!)

£2.5m with a 10% sell on would be my guess. Good business by the club, and as zero said earlier... It puts the club in a good light, and will enable us to bring in other young players, and if they perform the club will not begrudge them a move.
I would hope for
More than 10% add on and hope there would be an appearance % add on as well.

Back
Top Bottom