Ex Player Rob Dickie

Personally, I don't care one way or the other about QPR.
Call me a massive homosexual if you wish, but I like their strip. And they're quite nearby but not close enough to be hated rivals, and less full of themselves than most London clubs. Also like Fulham for similar reasons.

With QPR selling EZE to Palace for a reported 19m we should be pushing them for atleast 3.5m upfront for Dickie with a few add ons. Then take that money and go and get Browne back.

Conor Masterson played 12 games for QPR last season CB and someone KR watched last summer when he was scouting in France. If they do get Dickie maybe it’s someone we could try and get to come the other way?

Came through the Liverpool youth side and featured on their bench on a few occasions. I've not seen him play but he could be a good addition, but would he want to take a 'step down' two seasons in a row or try to work his way into the QPR starting XI?

Quote from QPR regarding the sale of Eze in the preview to our friendly tomorrow:

"All this will do is go to reduce the financial burden,” he told the QPR website. “We have to recognise how that money can be used to lower the burden on the owners and hopefully allow for the longer-team, health and welfare of QPR.”

Perhaps they're playing down their spending power in the same way we would be after a big sale, or maybe they won't be one of the suitors for Dickie if it came to a bidding war.

Came through the Liverpool youth side and featured on their bench on a few occasions. I've not seen him play but he could be a good addition, but would he want to take a 'step down' two seasons in a row or try to work his way into the QPR starting XI?
Will he know Cam?

Will he know Cam?

He will, but I'm not sure how much. There is an age gap of about three years, but they would've played a handful of U23s games together and I think would've been in a few first team matchday squads for cup games. There's such a churn in terms of players through any Premier League side's youth system, it's difficult to say if Bran was friends with him or could have any sway whatsoever.

They won’t be able to afford 5 million though, that’s what he is worth.

Hope I’m wrong but have a feeling we will be disappointed with the money for Dickie, probably be undisclosed but 1.5-2m, due to current COVID-19/less than 12mth on contract? If there was to be a bidding war I would have expected it to have started by now?

Hope I’m wrong but have a feeling we will be disappointed with the money for Dickie, probably be undisclosed but 1.5-2m, due to current COVID-19/less than 12mth on contract? If there was to be a bidding war I would have expected it to have started by now?

According to Robinson a few weeks ago, bids and numbers were already being floated around. So maybe the 'war' is already underway, it's just not being shouted about all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom