Ex Player Rob Dickie

All this talk of QPR Has anyone wondered would
Dickie want to go there?

QPR are an established Championship club with ambitions of the PL. They are close enough to allow him to stay at home with his young family. He'd be able to get a contract that would at least double his wages for the next 3 or years, and have a decent opportunity to hold down a first team position.

Other than the fact that he is generally happy at Oxford, why wouldn't he want to go to a club like QPR?

QPR are an established Championship club with ambitions of the PL. They are close enough to allow him to stay at home with his young family. He'd be able to get a contract that would at least double his wages for the next 3 or years, and have a decent opportunity to hold down a first team position.

Other than the fact that he is generally happy at Oxford, why wouldn't he want to go to a club like QPR?

Because if a Premier League team or one of the Championship parachute sides bought him then he might quadruple or quintuple his wages?

Since their FFP charge and fine, QPR have operated with a wage bill that's substantially below the Championship average. Financially, they are now one of the division's smaller clubs.

That doesn't mean they can't compete - Brentford are in the same bracket - just that Dickie might think, given all the chatter, that he can do better.......

It’s QPR he could do better and triple his wages

Brentford would be a better fit imo.
New ground, close to family and closer to the premiership. He could sign a contract with an optional release if Brentford don’t go up.
Olliw Watkins likely to go so they are better placed financially

Brentford would be a better fit imo.
New ground, close to family and closer to the premiership. He could sign a contract with an optional release if Brentford don’t go up.
Olliw Watkins likely to go so they are better placed financially

Not sure you can say Brentford is a better fit than QPR because he'd be close to family when their stadiums and training grounds are less than five miles apart from each other.

The club has a pretty good working relationship with QPR. Last season they came up a couple of times to play games at the training ground, the last one being just before the lockdown.

They have money to spend, and will be able to compete alongside Brentford, Forest and others for wages. I'm not sure why some are dismissing QPR as a possible destination, they tick a lot of the boxes for player and club.

possible and actual as you know scotchers are 2 different things...i'll do you a favour (and others) if he ends up at QPR i promise to never post on here again.

I'm not sure why some are dismissing QPR as a possible destination, they tick a lot of the boxes for player and club.

Feel the possible answer is 'Everyone hates QPR'

It's nicer to imagine him at most other Championship clubs. Because we want him to succeed, and if he does well, that'll mean the club he plays for will also do well. And most people don't want to see QPR succeed generally [emoji1]

They’ve just sold Eze for a fair whack and It’s a good option for Dickie if he’s looking to play regularly. I think it would be good move for him.

What i saw of the first half last night against a strong premiership side, we looked pretty solid without Dickie, Atkinson looked good in his place, yes, we would still need another defender as it looks like he will go in this window, thought Mous looked dodgy in the second half when Palace stepped up a gear. I know it was only a friendly and time will tell when we start the new season how Atkinson will fit in if selected as a replacement.
And it was a poor pass from Dickie which led to the Palace second goal......

Brentford already signed a centre-back for a fee, Goode from Northampton.
I doubt they'd go spending a reasonable sum on another one considering they already have Jansson and Pinnock as an established pairing.

Although saying that they spent money on Baptiste and Fosu and they've hardly been first on the team sheet.

Conor Masterson played 12 games for QPR last season CB and someone KR watched last summer when he was scouting in France. If they do get Dickie maybe it’s someone we could try and get to come the other way?

Feel the possible answer is 'Everyone hates QPR'

It's nicer to imagine him at most other Championship clubs. Because we want him to succeed, and if he does well, that'll mean the club he plays for will also do well. And most people don't want to see QPR succeed generally [emoji1]
Why do we hate QPR? I quite like them

And it was a poor pass from Dickie which led to the Palace second goal......
Dickie played a couple of bad passes out from the back which put us in trouble both times.
Atkinson also had a very dodgy moment when he dithered on a through ball that was no way going to get to Stevens. He was lucky to get away with just conceding a corner.

Nothing to dislike really about QPR, after all they did roll over for us in 1986.

They didn’t roll over! We were far superior to them all over the pitch, and ran out resounding winners.

They may have just been favourites, but on the day they were not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom