Ex Player Rob Dickie

It’s a win win for me. He goes and the club get some much needed funds, he stays and could be the difference between promotion or not and if he helps us go up then he will of earnt the club a lot more than 3 million!

But what if we don't get promoted? Or what if Dickie gets injured for most of the season and loses his value? Selling players is like playing the market, sell when their stock is high. I don't think any club at our level can turn down £2-3m no matter how much good you think the player can do next season. And who's to say we don't bring in a cheaper replacement who will pay their part in a successful promotion campaign?

But what if we don't get promoted? Or what if Dickie gets injured for most of the season and loses his value? Selling players is like playing the market, sell when their stock is high. I don't think any club at our level can turn down £2-3m no matter how much good you think the player can do next season. And who's to say we don't bring in a cheaper replacement who will pay their part in a successful promotion campaign?
Atkinson is our replacement. He is ready made to fill that role.

Atkinson is our replacement. He is ready made to fill that role.

While I do really rate Atkinson from what I've seen, think it's rather risky to not get another centre back. This will be Mous last season and that would leave us with Atkinson, Moore and an unproven Jones. If someone with the pedigree of Findlay is available I'd hope we'd go for it and let Atkinson grow at his own pace.

While I do really rate Atkinson from what I've seen, think it's rather risky to not get another centre back. This will be Mous last season and that would leave us with Atkinson, Moore and an unproven Jones. If someone with the pedigree of Findlay is available I'd hope we'd go for it and let Atkinson grow at his own pace.
I agree. I guess it comes down to how much of the Dickie money is spent on replacing him. If it is towards the 500/750k mark, fine. Anything above that and I would rather we spent that money on someone like Marcus Browne. I know its only pre-season but Atkinson looked very good last night; against a full strength Palace side.

I dont think thats a good move for him. Championship also rans. Id hold out for better in his shoes.

He needs to go to a Championship team where he will play and QPR he would.

One good season in the Championship gets him a further move to the Premier League.

Interesting we play QPR in a friendly on Saturday. Perhaps that’s when advance talks will take place.

Geographically it’s a good move, Because it’s close to home. So there is no need to relocate his family. The question is, is the deal on the table good enough for the football club, that’s if there is a bid. Will the money received go back into the playing side. Or do the owner, and board pocket what they’ve lost subsidising the club during these hard times.

Imo he should go for £3.5mill, with a few add ons.

That’s if there is a bid on the table

What i saw of the first half last night against a strong premiership side, we looked pretty solid without Dickie, Atkinson looked good in his place, yes, we would still need another defender as it looks like he will go in this window, thought Mous looked dodgy in the second half when Palace stepped up a gear. I know it was only a friendly and time will tell when we start the new season how Atkinson will fit in if selected as a replacement.

The fact they have just sold Eze to Palace for 20mil, makes 3mil seem very very low. The championship teams have money to spend - especially QPR, right now. We shouldn't just bend over for them.

the rumour is that QPR have managed to insert a 20 per cent sell on clause in the Eze deal.
If Dickie goes we should do likewise.

( if he goes to QPR they could have Lyndon Dykes and Rob Dickie in their team o_O )

Agree, Atkinson wacked McCarthy, would have been in big trouble normal game, thought ref was quite lenient with some of the fouls. Saha complained every time he was touched

£2.5 - 3 million with clauses for Dickie sounds about fair to me. The rest is very simple... Invest half of that money back in the squad and we have a real shot at auto promotion.

While I think Dickie is worth 5 million we won’t get that.

Robbo has almost said he will be sold it’s well known we look to sell a player in the summer window.

I hope he does goto a side where he plays every week so his stock continues to rise, for this reason the sell on clause is as important as the fee !

West Brom are keen but they don’t see him as a starter which is no good for either Dickie or Us

2.5 million plus a 20% sell on clause is ideal

I think our model becomes redundant if we don't sell Dickie and there are 2 very important sides to it.

Firstly, young talented players have identified oufc as a club which will help them develop and further their careers. Seeing Dickie seal a move to the champ or Premier league with our blessing actually gives us more credibility and serves as proof that we are a great club to sign for on a 2 or 3 yr deal.

Secondly, we don't put all this work in to our scouting team for nothing. We have players ready to go and to purchase them we need a sale. We are improving and will continue to do so when Dickie is sold.

Back
Top Bottom