Ex Player Rob Dickie

I’m sure whoever wins that would suit him well

I’m liking the fact so many clubs are interested in the lad. We could be about to rake in a lot of £££

A bidding war between Derby, Norwich and Brentford could see us quids in, especially if Brentford get promoted, or if a lower PL team join the race. Fair amount of cash sloshing around those clubs.

Will the board hold there nerve. It’s important not to just accept the first bid that comes in. We should be trying to squeeze as much out of this as possible.

Fully aware it's a Twitter rumour account, and therefore most likely complete rubbish, but thought I'd put this out there:

Could just mean we've found the upper limit of his value, and several clubs will battle it out for personal terms.

I'm not sure if he has a sell on clause. He most likely will, I don't think any deals for players U23 will have been without them for a while.

Nelson was a good player but I don't think he ever had a full season of being consistent at the top of his game, in my opinion Dickie this season was better than him.

In Nelson's last season he was hit and miss going into the new year, it wasn't after the fleetwood game (where he got both barrels from a fair few in the crowd after fleetwoods 2 goals) that he started to knuckle down and was a rock till the end of the season.

Nelson played alot of games with Dickie and it wasn't really a partnership that flourished, Dickie has looked alot more comfortable on the right with Moore or Mous.

Dickie and Dunkley is a partnership I would like to see, the two best defensive headers we've had for a long time and both comfortable with the ball at their feet.
Nelson proved himself in the Championship once he got in the team, Dickie hasn’t done that yet has he.

Perhaps Reading will offer an extra few million so they get a bigger slice of the sell on fee (to themselves)?

i'll get :)my coat

Reading have no money apparently..?

According to the people who crunch football finance numbers for a living, Reading managed to spend an extraordinary 226% of their income on wages last year - the most in the Championship. This was after being second the year before with a barely better 197%.

Given that you're not supposed to be able to lose more than 39m over a three year period, and the EFL appears to finally be showing some teeth in that regard, you would think they'd have no choice but to dramatically cut their expenses for the coming season. They've basically gone all in to get back to the Premier League, and all they've achieved is to just escape relegation.

On the other hand - the likes of Norwich, Fulham & Brighton being interested? PL money = Cha Ching!

Im starting to get a feeling he’ll still be with us at the start of the season ?

I thought in the current economic climate we might do well to get £2 million for him. Its now looking like a high end auction and I would expect KR and Tiger to exploit that. £4million with add ons may not now be so far fetched.

Back
Top Bottom