Ex Player Rob Dickie

Realistically £2m with add-ons, cue outlandish valuations from others.
No my comment really was in reply to 7.5 million meaning and the rest, but 2 million would be P**s taking.
Ivan Toney May go for 10 million and you do pay for a good striker, but a good striker needs a good defender to prevent the undoing of what the striker has done, so 5’million plus add ons a minimum for Rob Dickie.

Last edited:
No my comment really was in reply to 7.5 million meaning and the rest, but 2 million would be P**s taking.
Ivan Toney May go for 10 million and you do pay for a good striker, but a good striker needs a good defender to prevent the undoing of what the striker has done, so 5’million plus add ons a minimum for Rob Dickie.

We wouldn’t of got £5 million pre Covid, we will do well to get £1.5 million for any player this summer.

• React
Reactions: Ian
We wouldn’t of got £5 million pre Covid, we will do well to get £1.5 million for any player this summer.
Correct - look at what other L1 defenders have gone for, c.£2m tops although I’m sure someone will find the odd exception. He’s good but not exceptional and he doesn’t have the pace to perform at the top level, Joelinton showed that. Those £2m top fees were pre-covid and I think Dickie only has a year left on his contract.

Forgot he was a Pep signing...proving not everything he did was absolute sh*te (although it was just a couple of weeks before he was sacked, so not sure who had their fingers in the pie)

Correct - look at what other L1 defenders have gone for, c.£2m tops although I’m sure someone will find the odd exception. He’s good but not exceptional and he doesn’t have the pace to perform at the top level, Joelinton showed that. Those £2m top fees were pre-covid and I think Dickie only has a year left on his contract.
Webcam let Southampton and Burnley fight for his signature but if he is going for less than 2 million wonder what value MacAnthony will put in Toney.
but if Dickie is sold for 1.5 million and he carries on like he has he could go for anything between 7 & 10 million the following season if as is expected so hope we get a damn good sell on clause.
Joelinton? Though it was Maximus

Peterborough will get nothing like £10m for Toney. In fact, that valuation was made giving the circumstances where 'Boro were promoted this season and he continued to perform well in the Championship next season. Under the same circumstances you could say that Dickie would be worth between £5-7m. But as it is now, Toney was probably worth £3-4m before covid, and maybe £2.5m now. Dickie equally was made worth £3m but that could drop to £1.5-2m now.

Forgot he was a Pep signing...proving not everything he did was absolute sh*te (although it was just a couple of weeks before he was sacked, so not sure who had their fingers in the pie)
memory aint great usually, after 2 months of lockdown its worse! .... but wasnt Dickie one of Tiger's ' gifts' before taking control from ol slippery?

Madness? I think it will be One Step Beyond.

Wasn't KR being accused of buying has beens and crocks. It won't be long before they are shouting about Yesterday's Men and saying You're an Embarrassment.

Still I guess its better than when we had Pep and his love for midfielders. It could have been the Return of the Los Palmas 7!!

Last edited:

Unfortunately Dickie only having 1 year left will more than half his actual value to us, Matt Clarke went from Portsmouth for 3.25M (in L1 team of the season last year & I can see Dickie being in this season TOTS) but think had 2 years or 1+1 add on left on his contract as that would of been a bench mark figure we should of been looking to get.

Hopefully the more clubs which are interested like Southampton, Burnley on top of that we could still get a decent price if it goes to a bidding war

Covid will have the biggest impact on any valuations. It will be unrealistic to compare any other factors until we know what football actually looks like in the coming year.

back to Reading, or Middlesbrough or Fulham?

and Danny Cowley has his say too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom