Ex Player Rob Dickie

The fact reading fans and Lincoln fans are gutted makes me excited about this. This is definitely not a pep signing suspect this was the work of FAZ, Allen and Scouting Team Or possibly connections through Tiger.

Last edited:
Well, that didn't take long did it? Target identified, fee negotiated, player signed. Anyone for a little crow? Chef Eales will be serving momentarily. ;)

Looks a good signing. Welcome to Oxford!

He can play RB? Hopefully means no more Tiendalli after Saturday. Give him a few games in team after Blackpool before rotating between Carroll and Dickie at Rb when Ricardinho returns. Imagine the size of our defence with Dickie Martin Mousinho and Carroll at the back. We'd have no excuse to be conceding from corners!

Looks like a decent signing. Young, with league experience and in a position we need to strengthen.

How dare Eales stick to his word and spend money on a young English player! Does he not know he needs to go against what he says so people have a reason to want him out of our club?

In all seriousness this looks a good signing. I would expect to see Martin moved on in this window as it has just not worked out for him here.

I’d keep Williamson for the remainder of the season just for his influence in the changing room.

Unsure on Raglan as it all depends how he does when fit.

Sounds like a very good signing.
Welcome to Oxford Rob !!!

Let's hope that he fulfills his potential- and helps us defend corners!

As somebody else suggested Williamson and Martin are very unlikely to be here next season (despite Martin's bets game for us on Saturday).

Let's hope that he fulfills his potential- and helps us defend corners!

As somebody else suggested Williamson and Martin are very unlikely to be here next season (despite Martin's bets game for us on Saturday).

Double ditto those sentiments

Was Martins performance down him knowing he was about to pushed further down the pecking order or knows he needs to find a new club I wonder.

He can play RB? Hopefully means no more Tiendalli after Saturday. Give him a few games in team after Blackpool before rotating between Carroll and Dickie at Rb when Ricardinho returns. Imagine the size of our defence with Dickie Martin Mousinho and Carroll at the back. We'd have no excuse to be conceding from corners!
Does this mean we can give Tiandelli a free transfer with immediate effect?

Was Martins performance down him knowing he was about to pushed further down the pecking order or knows he needs to find a new club I wonder.
I was just thinking the same, can imagine him being told he's playing for his future a team the club, his performances have been v.solid for the last few games which would make sense if we've been negotiating to a while.

Yes, he can play at right back. Hasn't this season, but he may well be seen as playing RB for us and covering the CB's.

1515091033906.png

"The central defender, who can also play at right-back,"
“He’s had lots of League One clubs in for him but we’ve really been fighting for him. We think a lot of him,” said City boss Danny Cowley.
“He’s very good defensively and will do well in both boxes. He’s got fantastic distribution skills from the back. He can break the lines with passes into midfield and he can carry the ball into midfield.
“He’ll be a really good signing and we think, in our environment, that we can help his development. We think we’ve got a really good player on our hands.”

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/weve-really-good-player-hands-256059

The fact reading fans and Lincoln fans are gutted makes me excited about this. This is definitely not a pep signing suspect this was the work of FAZ, Allen and Scouting Team Or possibly connections through Tiger.

Not really fair to say that, for all we know he could have been!

Good signing but doubt he'll go straight into the team. Only 38 league appearances at League 2 level. Got a feeling he'll really push on here though, having Williamson as an experienced guiding influence who played at the top level for a while should really aid his development.

cc235d6e-6003-489e-80e3-f7c67cccc894

Lincoln boss Danny Cowley on Rob Dickie last week:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/danny-cowley-admits-would-like-985244

I would think it was a player the scouting team have presented to the coaching staff after they requested to find a central defender, I guess there were/are others on the list, but the buck would stop with Clotet/Faz and cost wise to Eales , Chris Allen may have had some input

Back
Top Bottom