General Rob Dickie transfer

Was an article from the same website about a week back about Leeds' interest in Brannagan, wonder if we could see a Baptiste/Fosu like deal for Brannagan/Dickie
Would be very surprised if we got the £5mil mentioned for Branngan alone!

I hope that you are right but would doubt it.
It looks like Dickie will be PL player next season.
He has been immense for us this season. So Atkinson will play in the PL? Moore as well?
Moore has shown that he is more than capable, this season. At times out performing Dickie. Moore is younger and comes from a higher pedigree than Dickie so yes, I am sure. Atkinson (if you have seen any of his clips) is cut from the same cloth as the afformentioned. I wont put pressure on him at this point but in terms of potential, he is right up there.

Moore has shown that he is more than capable, this season. At times out performing Dickie. Moore is younger and comes from a higher pedigree than Dickie so yes, I am sure. Atkinson (if you have seen any of his clips) is cut from the same cloth as the afformentioned. I wont put pressure on him at this point but in terms of potential, he is right up there.
I am not sure that from.video clips you can suggest that Atkinson will play in the PL!
If it was that obvious other clubs would have taken him?
Moore has been good no doubt, but over the season Dickie has been our best defender by a distance.
It appears that a number of PL clubs (including Leeds who look as if they should fo it) rate Dickie and he will probably join a PL club.
I hope that MoorevandAtkinson follow but it is very early on that front

D23CF7A8-853B-47F5-88AC-094E1B5BA7D6.jpeg
693E97C4-EA7F-483C-8E8F-6E33401D9759.jpeg

from someone who works in the game to me when Atkinson signed.

Somewhat conflicting messages there...

Yup - essentially come down to the coaching. Obviously has the attributes but highlights why others maybe didn’t take the gamble.

It’s what we have to do though if losing 4mill this year and current debts up to 17mill

• React
Reactions: MJB
That reads to me as:

Future star but young and prone to mistakes due to inexperience. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What else would you expect if taking a player out of non league? With today’s accounts you won’t sign a ready made star - we have to create them. The perfectly sensible thing to do

What else would you expect if taking a player out of non league? With today’s accounts you won’t sign a ready made star - we have to create them. The perfectly sensible thing to do
Couldn't agree more, mate! And as recent seasons show, we are very good at developing young players and believe that we will continue to do so! Dickie, Moore, Baptiste, Sykes, Whyte, Brannagan and hopefully Agyei will join that group of players, eventually.

Confidently claiming both Moore and Atkinson will be better than Dickie should be a Bannable offence
Ban me then. I'll come back when Moore and Atkinson are our centre back pairing and you're throffing over them.

Elliott Moore has already shown that he has the potential to be better than Dickie as I believe he possesses the traits that Dickie lacks. Atkinson isn't such a certainty but there is definitely a lot of hype surrounding him.

Last edited:
Ban me then. I'll come back when Moore and Atkinson are our centre back pairing and you're throffing over them.

Elliot Moore has already shown that he has the potential to be better than Dickie as I believe he possesses the traits that Dickie lacks. Atkinson isn't such a certainty but there is definitely a lot of hype surrounding him.
I have to say, Moore is quietly improving at a pretty rapid pace. He has a very decent touch and technique despite his size and frame, brings the ball out well, and actually gets on the end of quite a few set pieces. He seems to do everything Dickie does but with a touch more composure.

It will be very interesting to see where they each are in 5 years time.

I have to say, Moore is quietly improving at a pretty rapid pace. He has a very decent touch and technique despite his size and frame, brings the ball out well, and actually gets on the end of quite a few set pieces. He seems to do everything Dickie does but with a touch more composure.

It will be very interesting to see where they each are in 5 years time.
My thoughts exactly! More composure, quicker off the mark and much more of an aireal threat. I think if Dickie moves on, Moore will really come into his own. In a weird way, I'm really excited at the prospect of having Moore and Atkinson at the back. Of course I'd like Dickie to stay but we know that beyond the summer, thats not going to happen...

Back
Top Bottom