General Rob Dickie transfer

I would think he'll go straight to a newly promoted or lower level Premiership club. He's much better (and younger) than Nelson. Slight lack of pace, but very good positional. Best centre half we have had since Matt Elliott (or Ian McGuckin, obviously). Would be very surprised if he went to a Championship club. If he goes to Burnley, I would put money on him being in the England squad in 18 months time.

Hopefully he can help us up a level. We won’t be able to compete with £50K a week. If he does go I hope there’s a bidding war. I’d hope we can get £5 million plus but replacing him will be a challenge

Hopefully he can help us up a level. We won’t be able to compete with £50K a week. If he does go I hope there’s a bidding war. I’d hope we can get £5 million plus but replacing him will be a challenge
Atkinson is going to be better than Dickie, as is Moore. We have already brought in replacements. Also, dont forget Nico Jones...

Atkinson is going to be better than Dickie, as is Moore. We have already brought in replacements. Also, dont forget Nico Jones...
Last season this forum was full of concern that we were going to fall apart without Nelson. Well, Dickie certainly stepped up. Personally I think Elliott Moore will be even better next season than Dickie has been : he's a much steadier player who doesn't make quite so many howlers. Don't panic folk, there is succession in place.

I would think he'll go straight to a newly promoted or lower level Premiership club. He's much better (and younger) than Nelson. Slight lack of pace, but very good positional. Best centre half we have had since Matt Elliott (or Ian McGuckin, obviously). Would be very surprised if he went to a Championship club. If he goes to Burnley, I would put money on him being in the England squad in 18 months time.
Are you sure? He’s been caught out badly a few times this season, and skinned for Shrewsbury!s first

I'm not sure what I expected from a YouTube compilation of a defender but as bizarre YouTube player compilations go, that one took the biscuit!

I hope that you are right but would doubt it.
It looks like Dickie will be PL player next season.
He has been immense for us this season. So Atkinson will play in the PL? Moore as well?

I haven't seen Atkinson yet, but Moore is looking bloody good (and improving), and left sided defenders are at a premium - so it's far from impossible. Dickie is of course an excellent player, but I wonder if his lack of pace (and acceleration) would be shown up in the Prem?

Personally, I hope that if he does go that he joins a side that play good football and don’t spend 90 minutes defending their own 18 yard box. The talent he’s shown in carrying the ball and his range of passing this year would be wasted in a defensive side. Would have my well wishes too as he has stepped up to the plate this year and has more than contributed to an enjoyable season.

Back
Top Bottom