Rob Atko

early days as you say ... looks promising, so far

Yep - he is raw and WILL make mistakes, but there is definitely an excellent player in there. Comparing him with Dickie, which is probably both inevitable and unfair!, he looks better than Rob did in his first few games, the only question is whether he can improve as much and as quickly. Looking good so far though, both for him and us,

will only get better.
as said before Dickie was a bit shaky at first so no reason he can’t go on to be a quality cb for us

The first half hour of the Lincoln game, I thought he looked incredibly nervous and it showed in his performance (and his mistake for the goal).

Since then, I reckon he's been growing in confidence and is starting to look like a player. Certainly in terms of bringing the ball forwards, he looks as good as any OUFC CB I can remember, including Dickie. His defending? More of a work-in-progress, but at worst he's competent.

What made Rob Dickie so special is that he was an absolute defensive rock and he was able to bring it forward dangerously and spring attacks - that's a vanishingly rare combo at League One level.

To expect all of that from Atkinson immediately would be ambitious. But if Moore continues to develop into a defensive colossus, and Atkinson continues to be the ballplayer beside him, then they have all you need in a top quality League One CB pairing.

Why has he got 2 threads? This one saying "Atko" and the other with his full name...

Back
Top Bottom