River Ock

Marked Ox

God like member
Just walked down the nature trail through the Ock Valley in Abingdon for the 1st time for many years. Like the planting of native trees etc but was anything done for the actual river (ie. fish)?

The boards claim you can see Kingfisher but what do they feed on as there was absolutely no fish in either channel, not even Stickleback. I can remember seeing loads of fish of various sizes being very visible throughout yet I didn't see even 1 fish and I looked all along the walk in both channels. There is plenty of fish food as there was load of insects so those who did the planting/managing did an excellent job on that score.

There were a couple of optimists fishing below the weir on the stretch just before it joined the Thames!

Just walked down the nature trail through the Ock Valley in Abingdon for the 1st time for many years. Like the planting of native trees etc but was anything done for the actual river (ie. fish)?

The boards claim you can see Kingfisher but what do they feed on as there was absolutely no fish in either channel, not even Stickleback. I can remember seeing loads of fish of various sizes being very visible throughout yet I didn't see even 1 fish and I looked all along the walk in both channels. There is plenty of fish food as there was load of insects so those who did the planting/managing did an excellent job on that score.

There were a couple of optimists fishing below the weir on the stretch just before it joined the Thames!
This is a football forum I'm afraid you've got the wrong number

Back
Top Bottom