General RIP Jimmy Greaves

The great Jimmy Greaves has passed away one of the greats. “ Footballs a funny old game “ R.I.P.

Don't remember him as a player but he was a big part of my generation's childhood along with Ian St John.

RIP

Enjoyed watching him play. RIP Jimmy.

Met him once, as lovely a bloke in person as he appeared on TV. Also I'm old enough to remember him as a player, and he was every bit as good as people say.

RIP Jimmy, another great player, and man, gone. Thanks for the memories.

The greatest I have seen, together with Dennis Law. I don't think he had a weakness in his game. The way he danced over that pudding of a pitch at White Hart Lane was just magical.

RIP

Don‘t think it’s too far fetched to say he was possibly the greatest natural goalscorer England has ever had. Lethal from anywhere around the penalty spot or closer, if he was through one on one call it a goal because he just didn’t mess those up. Not sure he ever blasted the ball, he’d just pass it past the keeper into the side of the net with unerring accuracy.

Great player and seemed like a great guy. Certainly he was really funny.
RIP Greavsie.

Never saw him play but 491 goals from 723 games is a phenomenal record, then followed it up with a highly successful media career with an iconic Saturday afternoon show for those of us of a certain age, Saint and Greavsie was a part of my childhood.

On the pitch, he and Gilzean were a proper attacking partnership. He was a force on his own.

Off it, he was golden (after he jacked the booze in).

Remember him.

Greavsie was the pundit on ITV with Ian St John on our greatest Wembley achievement when we won the Milk cup in 1986, he was very, very complimentary of Oxford United that afternoon stating it was one of the best performances at Wembley he had seen in recent history.
A top bloke.

As a kid in Essex he lived round the corner, we used to stand outside and watch for him though we didn’t know what he looked like. I went to see Chelmsford City once hoping to see him play but he was injured.

I saw they had a line-up of Spurs legends to pay their respects before the Chelsea game yesterday. All dressed smartly with white shirt, suit and Spurs tie. Except for Glen Hoddle who was wearing a pink shirt, no tie, and a casual jacket. Could no-one at the club have found a spare for him?

Back
Top Bottom