Sport RIP Bob Willis

Yes I had forgotten what a great record he had and that he Captained England to the WC Semi Finals.
RIP.

Shocked and saddened to hear this news.

Seeing Bob Willis tear in like a man possessed in Australia’s 2nd innings at Headingly 1981 was an iconic spell of fast bowling in Ashes history. Yes it was Botham’s Ashes, but that was for me Willis’ match and his finest hour.

Still gives me goose bumps watching and listening to it.

R.I.P.

Shocked by this announcement, a true legend of the game. RIP.

Sad, sad news. I used to love his honesty on the Verdict, it made the program watchable knowing when he'd come out with an on point of evisceration of a player or coach that the others wouldn't dare do. And a wonderful person in the real world too.

Terrible shame and so sad to hear this news this evening. If you were useless he’d tell you, and the same if you played well. He was as straight as you can get as a pundit.

He will always be remembered for that marvellous performance with Ian Botham at Headingley in the Ashes.

RIP Bob

Terrible shame, a real legend of the game. I remember him terrorising batsmen in the County Championship whilst bowling for Warwickshire in the 70s as well as playing with distinction for England

Skocked when I heard it on the car radio. He was on sky not so long ago.
I remember watching the Headingley Test live on the BBC and it was unbelievable.
RIP to a true fast bowling legend

RIP - I will always remember the miracle of Headingly 1981 - Although Botham stole all the headlines with his beligerant century, people forget that the Aussies only needed 130 to win that, and there was still a lot of work to do to get the job done. But Bob Willis bowled like a man possessed to finish with an incredible 8-43.

Back
Top Bottom