RIP Alby Wilkins

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Mrs ESB's uncle, Alby, passed away yesterday after a long battle against cancer.

He was mentioned by Karl Robinson after a game in December and the club have been so lovely, sending videos when he was in Sobell and Karl even went into one of the corporate boxes after a game to speak to him.

He and his wife went to EVERY OUFC game going to away game on thr London Road Coaches.

He was a lovely kind man who will be missed by us all.

This photo sums him and his wife up.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614841921239.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614841921239.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 82
Chatted to them both pre-match on a few occasions. My sympathies to all. RIP.

RIP Alby
They don't make them like Alby anymore
Tough little cookie , took no nonsense ,
Angie and Alby become family to us in the Priory
And the efforts they put in helping me keep the pub going was immense
Alby working behind the scenes every week , clearing up the Grounds and marquee , and the pub
Doing the bbq on rugby days with The boys
Every Christmas Easter Birthday , always a card for Billi , with money bless them
We will always save you a seat on family bbq's
You will be missed massively
RIP Alby x

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-164132_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-164132_Gallery.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 24
Big Big Shock,, Always had a laugh and a joke with them both, especially when we went away on the coaches. A great man, will be sadly missed. Condolences to Angie and family. RIP Alby.

Sad to hear this.
Know Alby & Angie through away travel with the LRTC and stays in Blackpool.
Used to have an ongoing joke about the “tower”.
They always had a warm greeting for both myself and Jenny ( Mrs LS).
Hope to see Angie again,hopefully next season.
Goodbye Alby.

Didn't really know him, but one of those long time fans that you recognise and would say hello to and maybe speak a few words. And that is the power of this great club and game of ours, the ability of people from different walks of life, who would otherwise be strangers, to form a mutual bond based on a shared support of OUFC.

RIP Alby.

Devasted to hear this news, had a chat every home game in the blackbird and prior to that in the priory. Truly a real gentleman and had an amazing family. Thoughts are with Angie and the whole family. R.I.P Alby

Back
Top Bottom