Ricky Holmes

The loan window closes either end of Jan (or middle Feb?), so if he has "gone back" properly, we can't get him back on loan in March.
So is he still technically on loan with us and using up one of the 8 places, but we are possibly only paying a nominal fee to keep him registered with us, to keep our options open?
that sounds feasible @NottsYellow

What are the rules around what is considered a "good injury record", an acceptable injury record, or the number of previous sniffles, cut and bruises that mean a risk cannot be taken on an otherwise suitable transfer target? Also, if a player with a previously unblemished record signs for United, how many injuries after they sign means that their "good injury record" is lost?

Trying to get a sense of "hysteria" vs "trust the medical department on medical matters". Appreciate we've been horribly unlucky with e.g. Carruthers and Holmes.
Now I am confused.. does a good injury record mean someone who gets injured a lot? As in a good goal scoring record..? Maybe this ambiguity is where we’ve been going wrong..?

The loan window closes either end of Jan (or middle Feb?), so if he has "gone back" properly, we can't get him back on loan in March.
So is he still technically on loan with us and using up one of the 8 places, but we are possibly only paying a nominal fee to keep him registered with us, to keep our options open?

My understanding is that any loan agreement would need to be in place by the end of January, i.e. before the transfer window closes. It may well have a clause that says that Sheff United will pay Holmes wages until he is fit (however that is defined!) or we have a pay as you play agreement.
I don't believe there is an 'eight player' limit for loanees, just a restriction on how many can be included in the match day squad.
Personally I feel that subject to the right contract clauses being in place, then we have nothing to lose by keeping him on our books.

Probably waiting to see what happens in the remaining window. If there's a chance of better (or what we need) on loan then we'll probably terminate the loan at the end of the window, if we still have the loan free from the eight allowed then we'll keep him "on the payroll" but let him get treated at Sheff Utd against a discount on his wages. That's my guess anyway.

Probably waiting to see what happens in the remaining window. If there's a chance of better (or what we need) on loan then we'll probably terminate the loan at the end of the window, if we still have the loan free from the eight allowed then we'll keep him "on the payroll" but let him get treated at Sheff Utd against a discount on his wages. That's my guess anyway.

Thought I'd read somewhere on here that Kashi was the last loanee we could sign? Happy to be mistaken.

Holmes wont be returning.

Shame, could do with him for the run in

So that leaves our loan list as:

Garbutt
Kashi
Carruthers
Browne
Graham

A loan striker makes six meaning one of these will have to sit in the stands if the other five are in the squad - Garbutt I’m guessing. But if Ruffels gets injured or suspended and Garbutt needs to play then one of the others will need to drop out to let him in.

Juggling season ahoy!

Back
Top Bottom