Ricky Holmes

Yellows1

Anyone heard anything ref his injury, we could certainly do with him back?

They should get medical advice in the next week or Two I believe.

Having a scan on his back on Monday. KR did not sound too positive regarding good news re Holmes. Mackie could have a back problem as well. Real shame about Shandon B as he would have been a major influence on the rest of the season, just hope the injury is not career threatening. As for Carruthers who knows.

Last edited:
Having a scan on his back on Monday. KR did not sound too positive regarding good news re Holmes. Mackie could have a back problem as well. Real shame about Shannon B as he would have been a major influence on the rest of the season, just hope the injury is not career threatening. As for Carruthers who knows.

Hasn’t Carruthers been in training?

Mackie's contract is based on various incentives rather than a high weekly salary. So if he doesn't play, he doesn't earn as much

Re Mackie: I still haven't quite worked out the logic that a wide player who has lost his pace is suddenly a central striker. 15 goals in his last 131 games before he joined us made that unlikely for me and others (it was said at the time) - and it has proved to be the case. I am really not sure why Robinson signed him.

As for Holmes: I'm sorry, but we aren't some kind of benevolent convalescent home for other clubs ageing knackered players. Obviously a talent, but not in his current state. Even if we get him 'fit' (which is a relative term in this case!) how long does anyone expect him to last?

If (as I suspect) we end up going down, I would rather do so having developed our own players into first teamers so we can hit the ground running next season rather than have given a few testimonial games to other club's old players. And you can add Carruthers to the list unless the medicos say he can come back virtually immediately and makes a huge difference when he does so.

Agree ^^ all the way with that. Although people will say it’s the wrong time to play these young lads, for me, now is the time to blood them. They’ll add legs and also they are flying confidence wise. Physically they won’t be out of place as they can handle themselves and are far from small!

Tuesday night in the Doesn't Matter Cup is surely a perfect opportunity to see what one or two of them can do when given a start?

Back
Top Bottom