League One Richie Wellans

I once interviewed a Swindon fan for a job just before a derby game. As he was leaving the room, I told him I’d be at the County Ground for the match that weekend. He had a twinkle in his eye as he thought I was a kindred spirit and his chances of employment had just increased until I added the words ‘I’ll be on the Stratton Bank‘ at which point his smile turned quickly to a frown.

He didn’t get the job due to my 100% conscious bias.
There is a training course for that 🤣

Wigan fans queuing up to drive Sheridan down. Dreadful manager devoid of any personality.

Should be a perfect fit for Swindon.

He’s had 10 managerial positions since he managed a side for more than one season (Plymouth 2013-15). He either resigns or gets sacked so he must’ve picked up a few severance packages along the way to keep him going. He does seem to pick no-hopers near the bottom of the league a lot of the time.

His Chesterfield side were quite good around 10 years ago although possibly Craig Davies goals masked whether they were a good side or an ordinary side with a good striker. Regardless of that, he’s not really achieved much since.

Cheap appointment for a struggling side?

f
He’s had 10 managerial positions since he managed a side for more than one season (Plymouth 2013-15). He either resigns or gets sacked so he must’ve picked up a few severance packages along the way to keep him going. He does seem to pick no-hopers near the bottom of the league a lot of the time.

His Chesterfield side were quite good around 10 years ago although possibly Craig Davies goals masked whether they were a good side or an ordinary side with a good striker. Regardless of that, he’s not really achieved much since.

Cheap appointment for a struggling side?
first game in charge (of scum) he oversaw them come back first from 2-0 down, then to nick a draw at the end after being 3-2 down away from home .... the bastard

f

first game in charge (of scum) he oversaw them come back first from 2-0 down, then to nick a draw at the end after being 3-2 down away from home .... the bastard

The caretaker Hunt was still managing the side for yesterday's game.

Back
Top Bottom