General Ricardinho’s Kit Sponsors

West Oxon U’s

When snoozing this morning I kind of heard a piece on Radio Five Live about the new
BBC crime drama McMafia which is being aired tonight.They were interviewing
the writer and was sure I heard OUFC mentioned.

I’ve just looked at today’s match programme and Ricardinho is sponsored by McMafia the Book
and McMafia the TV show!

I was listening to R5 as well & you heard right, the writer is an Oxford fan!

Random! But as said already, it explains the ‘hit’ on their player and the three match ban...

All will be revealed on Radio Oxford on Friday...

In the book, which is a good and interesting read, the writer meets a money launderer in Oxford city centre at one point, I did find that strange until I found out that Glenny lived local. On the other hand if Oxford is a centre for international money laundering can’t we have some to sign a few players, be like the captain Bob years again as we soar up the leagues with shady backing.

Which noun in that sentence is the adverb referring to?

You obviously went to Magdalen, don’t get educated like that at a state school.

I went there as well, didn’t pick much up though, to busy cleaning the windows to pay attention to the lessons.

Watched the first two episodes of McMafia and it's very good. The first episode took a bit of watching, due to the amount of sub-titles and outlining of plot/characters etc, but the second episode really livened up as the plot unfurls.

I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen it to watch the first two episodes on iPlayer and then watch it "live" from Sunday night.

Has the pint sized elderly Brazilian hitman featured yet? ??

There have been one or two murders, but no sign of Ricco yet.

Co-incidentally, one of Glenny's later books is about a crime lord in the flavellas of Rio, so we might see him putting in a cameo appearance in that one!

Watched the first two episodes of McMafia and it's very good. The first episode took a bit of watching, due to the amount of sub-titles and outlining of plot/characters etc, but the second episode really livened up as the plot unfurls.

I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen it to watch the first two episodes on iPlayer and then watch it "live" from Sunday night.

Agreed, enjoyed the first two episodes (not one to watch and browse the forum at the same time though).

I think I read in the paper that the lead Actor is to follow Daniel Craig as James Bond.

Wonder if they got any of the things being a shirt sponsor gets you! I haven't!

Which noun in that sentence is the adverb referring to?

Always got time for a poster picking up on a fellow poster’s grammar.

I do figure that Bazzer will be a harder nut to crack!

Back
Top Bottom