Rev james

looked decent the coupla times i saw him play ... knows where the goal is and how to put the ball in it!

good luck Rev

How is it obvious? It's just as easy to say he was released because he wasn't good enough. Wouldn't we have cashed in on Nelson if it's just about cost savings? Or not spent money on Sykes (I think we did didn't we?). I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been that much of an earner either.

I’m quite gutted by this. The few times I’ve seen him play I thought the future was indeed in good hands. After the revelations of the last 24 hours you can’t help but feel concerned when decent young players are being jettisoned.

For Gods sake,boys get a grip. Clubs release young players every day based on what they see and think, how they are developing and how they may progress in the future. Given the recent admission on the level of incompetence being demonstrated by our owners and the state of our first 11, having a go at the club because of one decision within the the one success story of our wretched season, i.e. the youth and development teams seems a little desperate.

For Gods sake,boys get a grip. Clubs release young players every day based on what they see and think, how they are developing and how they may progress in the future. Given the recent admission on the level of incompetence being demonstrated by our owners and the state of our first 11, having a go at the club because of one decision within the the one success story of our wretched season, i.e. the youth and development teams seems a little desperate.
Not sure about anyone else but I’m just saying it’s disappointing to see a young player that has impressed me being released. I would’ve said the same thing if it had happened in the Appleton era. I might not be as much as a footballing expert as Robinson but I thought he seemed decent enough to keep in the ranks for a while longer, I wouldn’t have thought his wage was too astronomical. It’s only natural, considering the timing of the announcement, to speculate on the reasons behind it without being ‘desperate’ I think?

Totally agree.
We have probably offered more YT players professional contracts than ever before this season (certainly since the 1970's). Mooro or anybody else, are you able to confirm?
Not everybody will however be deemed to be good enough.
The hysterical comments on here are becoming just a bit of a joke.

Totally agree.
We have probably offered more YT players professional contracts than ever before this season (certainly since the 1970's). Mooro or anybody else, are you able to confirm?

Spot on. It’s starting to get a bit tiresome that what ever news comes out of the club people turn it into a negative. Most clubs on offer 3 to 4 pro contracts a year max if that. We should see it as a positive how many young players are deemed to be good enough to get a pro deal.

Spot on. It’s starting to get a bit tiresome that what ever news comes out of the club people turn it into a negative. Most clubs on offer 3 to 4 pro contracts a year max if that. We should see it as a positive how many young players are deemed to be good enough to get a pro deal.
Just waiting for somebody on here to blame KR for the Brexit negotiations.
Some laughably ridiculous comments on here.

Just waiting for somebody on here to blame KR for the Brexit negotiations.
Some laughably ridiculous comments on here.

do you mean that KR isn't to blame for Brexit negotiations?

.... who'd've thought that it was all down to someone else and not KR?

,.... maybe someone who went to Wheatley park school is the person behind the Brexit negotiations?

Totally agree.
It has gone in phases over time, but it is certainly the healthiest YT setup we have had this century.
There are a number of reasons why players at this stage move on, and not all to do with talent/ability - but I would hazard it safe enough to say that this will be a decision made for the right reasons, not the wrong ones...

Some people spout some rubbish.
Most youngsters get released, its hard but these decisions are made and have to be. You can’t keep everyone.

Back
Top Bottom