Retained list

Every player has his price though. Liverpool made that clear with their recent £142m sale.
Holding out often achieves the best price when the player is on a long contract

No real surprises. Robinson isn’t mucking about. Like the bloke’s energy.

Sam Long has been doing well at Hampton. Will be looking out for their OUFC contingent at their playoff game tomorrow night.

All those players in our bloated 17/18 squad and not a single contracted winger. Wasn’t smart was it ?
Because Pep played through the Thirds rather then out wide. AKA Jack Payne assists for Thomas in H1 of season.

Never thought that it was exactly a policy..nobody wants to sell their best players but if the right offer comes in and you have the talent which attracts attention in the 1st place..KR has said no good club should be selling and how many times did DE say players not for sale until the players wanted out like Lunny and MJ.
I think DE has made is clear that it WAS the only way to make OUFC sustainable. OUFC is losing 30k pw operationally.

A very rough guess but REALISTIC fees I imagine would be

Ledson £1.6m
Eastwood £800k - unfortunately goalkeepers don’t bring in what they’re worth to a team for some reason..
Rothwell £150k compo. I doubt we’ll be entitled to much
Lets hope Preston get promoted via the Play Offs.

Am I the only one who doesn’t rate Charlie Raglan? He was ok last year when called upon. I’ve spoken to a few Vale fans and they’ve said the same. League 2 is probably his level. Decent backup if he’s happy to play that role. Nowhere near a starter in promotion chasing League one team.
I thought Rad Ox were raging about how good Raglan was H2 16/17 season?

I think Aaron Martin deserves a little mention. Came in with a good reputation but must’ve ran a black cat over on the way to signing. If I remember he had personal problems to deal with almost immediately after signing and he never really got going after that. Then snapped his Achilles, which he had to battle back from. I sincerely hope he gets better luck in the next chapter of his career.
I thought he did well when needed after the 0-7 Wigan game.

Jerome confirmed on RO 6:30 bulletin that none of the released players will be in the squad v Blackburn. I wonder if there might be a few U18s on the bench?

Jerome confirmed on RO 6:30 bulletin that none of the released players will be in the squad v Blackburn. I wonder if there might be a few U18s on the bench?
5 scholars and Owen James on bench?

Technically that only rules out two of the 18 from Rochdale (Thomas & MArtin), with Henry to come back (if fit) - so that really only leaves one extra spot on the bench for either Long (now back from loan) or one of the U18s

I hope so.

We should always look to put our strongest side out. Our youth players have been loaned out to clubs such Hampton and Richmond, 4/5 leagues below us, and hardly pulling up trees. Even Napa, has shown himself to be very lightweight, pushed off the ball far too easily.

I think posters are a bit unfair on Obika. To me, he just appears not fully fit. He has played with some heavy strapping, and he seems to preserve his energies, and not close down, for example. Given that he came with a reputation for being injury-prone, it may well be that he is struggling. So I would not want him as a first-choice striker, but for other reasons.
I wouldn't want him as last choice striker. I'd rather see us throw Scott Shearer on up front he certainly couldn't do any worst.

I tihnk
We should always look to put our strongest side out. Our youth players have been loaned out to clubs such Hampton and Richmond, 4/5 leagues below us, and hardly pulling up trees. Even Napa, has shown himself to be very lightweight, pushed off the ball far too easily.
I feel you are being harsh on Nappa. I admit he is "slight" but he is a only 18. This time last year he was on loan @ North Leigh FC.

I tihnk
I feel you are being harsh on Nappa. I admit he is "slight" but he is a only 18. This time last year he was on loan @ North Leigh FC.

Harsh on long as well he’s done very well out on loan apparently. And Hopkins has scored more goals in the youth and dev squad than most of our first team put together. If u don’t play them how do they improve and get better ? Dickie had only play on loan at l2 level before we gave him a start. He wasn’t considered our strongest side, until we played him. Any youngster coming in could put in a good performance, stake a claim for next season and leave us all saying bloody hell, why hasn’t he been on the bench instead of mehmeti all season

Technically that only rules out two of the 18 from Rochdale (Thomas & MArtin), with Henry to come back (if fit) - so that really only leaves one extra spot on the bench for either Long (now back from loan) or one of the U18s

Dejon Noel-Williams as he is a striker and probably already has the build needed.

Back
Top Bottom