Retained list

I agree that Whyte needs to improve his final ball and that next season he will score more goals.
If he does that then this time next season his worth will be even higher and surely some PL clubs will start looking at him?

I agree that Whyte needs to improve his final ball and that next season he will score more goals.
If he does that then this time next season his worth will be even higher and surely some PL clubs will start looking at him?
Absoloutley spot on...i can see him and sykes ripping it up next year.

Sykes and Whyte and Brannagan are going on to BIGGER and better things, but with OUFC!

Encouraged by this as it seems to create space for clearer thinking. Robinson’s reported view about Obika’s potential to be the kind of forward to make a positive impact for the team was, I thought at the time, desperate. Sad for the player but I feel sure he will get a Club somewhere, League Two or below. Nelson will be a huge loss; hopefully Dickie will stick with us and develop in his (clearly favoured) right central position.
We go again.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rob Hall turns down our offer and goes elsewhere. I hope not but football is football and if he thinks he can get more elsewhere he will be off.

While Obika seemed like a nice guy, he couldn’t hit a cows a**e with a banjo. I hope that he finds his shooting boots somewhere but really not here.
Best for everyone that he moves on.
I think that the club have been wise in releasing the others too. Either they ain’t good enough or they want away, that’s fine.
With just a few (4?) class players in the door plus loans I really feel that we can do very well next season, but it starts with finding ourselves a striker or two and a quality (left sided) centre-back.

He’s also done it before.

Understandably we have probably offered him a rather unattractive offer based on the amount of time he has been injured as it’s a big risk.

If he were to leave I wouldn’t blame him, he knows only too well the impact of long term injuries have on what can be a very short career. He’s young and needs to set himself up for the future!

Ability aside this is very different from the likes of O’Dowda leaving for more money/better deal....

Mous and Mackie were key in turning our season around...whats that poster been drinking.

Mous had a rather important hand in our turnaround when he moved into the defensive midfield position.

Likewise Mackie, once fit gave us excellent game management and shithousery in a number of games that meant we got results where earlier in the season we weren't. Beautifully demonstrated by the Bradford game after his superb finish.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rob Hall turns down our offer and goes elsewhere. I hope not but football is football and if he thinks he can get more elsewhere he will be off.
On RO he sounded desperate to stay.
I would ask who on earth would take him based on his injury, but I guess that Gollingham took Holmes.

On RO he sounded desperate to stay.
I would ask who on earth would take him based on his injury, but I guess that Gollingham took Holmes.
I agree that on the RO interview (and the iFollow one) it almost sounded like a foregone conclusion that Hall would sign - but it might very much depend on the contract we've offered! Gillingham did take Holmes - and look how that worked out: three months wages and zero appearances!

Mous had a rather important hand in our turnaround when he moved into the defensive midfield position.

Likewise Mackie, once fit gave us excellent game management and shithousery in a number of games that meant we got results where earlier in the season we weren't. Beautifully demonstrated by the Bradford game after his superb finish.
The corner turned halftime at Fleetwood...

The corner turned halftime at Fleetwood...

You mean a game that Mous played in and Mackie scored the equaliser in after coming on at half time (the same half, both goals were scored in). Thank you for reinforcing my point.

Back
Top Bottom