National News Renault Zoe Electric Crash test

Not allowed, I think there is a covenant on the site.

There's a convenent on the kassam but that can be removed. Doesn't add up why an overseas property development company bought the site for it just to be used by youth teams.

There's a convenent on the kassam but that can be removed. Doesn't add up why an overseas property development company bought the site for it just to be used by youth teams.

Their claim is that they are building youth teams to then build senior teams. :rolleyes:

They'd have trouble with the covenant as it is tied into Abingdon Vale Cricket Club's ground as well iirc. I very much doubt they'd get planning permission for any building there as it is regularly confirmed as part of a flood plain anyway.

The hydrogen cell car always seemed like a better idea to me - I remember seeing one on Tomorrow's World when God was a lad, haven't they got that tech working properly yet?

My understanding is* that the infrastructure for hydrogen would be ludicrously expensive and also very dangerous!

*was, it's been some years since I read-up on this

My understanding is* that the infrastructure for hydrogen would be ludicrously expensive and also very dangerous!

*was, it's been some years since I read-up on this
It certainly *sounds* dangerous! But then we pipe gas around the country willy nilly, and you'd think with all the clever chemists etc there would be someway of making liquid (?) hydrogen less volatile to store? Just musing really, I'm not scientist! I suppose the point is that I am hoping there would be some sort of alternative to battery powered electric vehicles, because unless battery technology improves both spectacularly and quickly it seems like a bit of a potential dead end and an expensive one at that.

It certainly *sounds* dangerous! But then we pipe gas around the country willy nilly, and you'd think with all the clever chemists etc there would be someway of making liquid (?) hydrogen less volatile to store? Just musing really, I'm not scientist! I suppose the point is that I am hoping there would be some sort of alternative to battery powered electric vehicles, because unless battery technology improves both spectacularly and quickly it seems like a bit of a potential dead end and an expensive one at that.

Liquid hydrogen isn't viable due to the low temperatures required. Storage wouldn't be the biggest problem I'd think, more the transport. Natural gas is considerably more easy to pipe than hydrogen.

Again, the caveat here is that my knowledge may not be current. (But the basic 'laws' of physics and chemistry don't change!)

Edit: I'd very much expect battery technology to improve BTW.

The interesting thing I recently heard re batteries was their potential use in hgvs. I always thought this would be impossible due to recharge times, but there is a concept of swappable hgv batteries so that every few hundred miles you just swap for a pre charged one. That could work impressively in Oz.

The interesting thing I recently heard re batteries was their potential use in hgvs. I always thought this would be impossible due to recharge times, but there is a concept of swappable hgv batteries so that every few hundred miles you just swap for a pre charged one. That could work impressively in Oz.

That's probably the only way fully electric vehicles will work for everyone. Gas stations stocking pre charged batteries that you can swap out in a couple of minutes. Could also instal solar panels at the gas station to help charge them up. Charging up at home overnight is not possible for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom