Refunds

So i bought a half season ticket, I was a ST holder before I moved jobs, however work situation has now changed and I'm undecided if I should use my refund, I'm not trying to be harsh on the club I love

You have to do what is right for you in your individual circumstances.

Received a clearly detailed email from the club regarding refund options.

I’m entitled to a refund of just under £85.

The money would be handy if I’m honest but the clubs survival means a tremendous amount to me and therefore have no hesitation in not taking the refund.

I have had a season ticket since 1969 - when I have missed games due to illness or my holidays I have never asked for a Refund! I currently have two 1893 club Season tickets without the Bury game I am out of pocket by £250 not a small amount - Over the years probably more recently we have been treated poorly because of our commitment and expected loyalty.
OK we’ve been priveledged to some great players and results over the last few years, but we’ve also had some shite teams, Managers and owners also, I fully understand what the current board are trying to achieve and Our current incumbent Karl Robinson has achieved so far and if allowed to will continue to achieve.
I think the club should do something for those that do not request a refund ie framed signed Team photo or even phase refunds over next 2/3 seasons not much to ask?
But I firmly believe we should have refund against further tickets for 2020 - 2021, I think the deadline of 18th June for discounted tickets should be after the play-offs - We could be in Championship ( hurray) or we could remain in Division One, We could also could lose Brannigan and Dickie and not re-sign Taylor.
I for one in a very uncertain life would like to wait until we have a settled situation, I certainly think prices will go up regardless so a double whammy!
waiting until July semis are played is only 3 weeks Between 18 June to July 6th - if all works out i forgo my refund,
and purchase my tickets!
Your thoughts and I bet there will be many!

I think the club have handled this delicate situation well. Unlike Newcastle who pissed their fans off no end.

I think they totally understand that people’s circumstances are difficult and varied but at the end of the day if personal finances have been stretched then that comes first. For others it will be okay to let this situation ride.

Personally, I have no wish for a refund but also as I have saved a shed load by not going out for meals, theatre, pub, match day costs, travel etc, etc... I would happily add a 25% premium onto my season ticket without hesitation.

I wonder if there will be that option to tack on an extra % for a season ticket to help the club when renewing?

Either that, or I may just buy 2 tickets this year and encourage a few more people along... When we can of course.

Personally, I have no wish for a refund but also as I have saved a shed load by not going out for meals, theatre, pub, match day costs, travel etc, etc... I would happily add a 25% premium onto my season ticket without hesitation.
That's true, I have saved more in petrol by not going to the games than I've spent on the tickets! On that basis, I'm a winner.

So why do I feel like I have missed out? ;)

I think the club have handled this delicate situation well. Unlike Newcastle who pissed their fans off no end.

I think they totally understand that people’s circumstances are difficult and varied but at the end of the day if personal finances have been stretched then that comes first. For others it will be okay to let this situation ride.

I wonder if there will be that option to tack on an extra % for a season ticket to help the club when renewing?

Either that, or I may just buy 2 tickets this year and encourage a few more people along... When we can of course.
Can you buy my tickets please?

My season ticket money was already spent a long time ago.
I don't want to take any money out of the club when they probably need it the most.

I want my money back from Wycombe though!

What is it with the North East? Sunderland fans have also gone into meltdown after their board announced its refund policy.
Looking on their forum it would appear that hundreds if not thousands are saying that they will be taking refunds and even not renewing next season.
I thought the North East had the best fans in country?:rolleyes:

I feel the option of using the rebate as a ticket credit against a 20/21 season ticket is a sensible compromise offered by the club.
This allows fans to help the club in the short term by providing a short term loan.
I don’t think it’s right that fans should feel pressurised to waive the refund completely, especially at these challenging times: for both the club and the fans.

Maybe the club will offer a ‘sweetener’ for those buying a 20/21 season ticket who opted not to take a refund. One cup game or the like.

So the latest email from the club gives us the same 3 options for Wycombe and Rochdale tickets. The bit that is not clear is who benefits if I choose not to take my money back.

If it's Wycombe as we have already passed the ticket money on then that for me is different to it being OUFC if the money has not been passed on

Equally, if i take the money back thinking that it will be Wycombe who will refund the money and it's actually then OUFC who are out of pocket then I do not want that

Feels like this one is not clear on helping with the decision

There is an uncertainty in respect of Wycombe/Rochdale tickets (it is them or Oxford that would be providing the refund) and many in regards to season tickets for next year (division, price, when fans will be able to see games, when will it start, will it take place?) and that’s before taking into account personal circumstances. I decided to take the option of the credit against future tickets, which in effect delays my decision about what to do, but helps the club with short term finances as I’m not asking for money back now. Should I be happy when things become a bit clearer and personal circumstances are ok, then I can always purchase some additional tickets for a game that won’t sell out to balance out the credit. I don’t think it’s fair to expect the club to offer any additional benefits by further categorising fans based on what option they choose, or to hold any goodwill shown here against the club’s future commercial decisions (eg if season ticket prices go up) if you decide to waive the refund.

I will be taking into account Wycombe's allocation of tickets to OUFC as opposed to their allocation to Sunderland when deciding whether I want my Wycombe ticket refunded.
Decision made I want my refund.

Does anyone know how to get a refund for the Wycombe ticket, or does the club lose money if we do? It that's the case then the club can keep the money and I'll rip up the tickets. I would just like to know one way or the other.

Does anyone know how to get a refund for the Wycombe ticket, or does the club lose money if we do? It that's the case then the club can keep the money and I'll rip up the tickets. I would just like to know one way or the other.

Probably best emailing the club directly. Pick somebody who you know will be in though!

Club have already stated that they will be emailing all those with tickets for the Wycombe, Rochdale, MK Dons & Portsmouth games.
It will be a repeat of the ST refund mailshot.

Back
Top Bottom