Refunds

Does anyone know how to get a refund for the Wycombe ticket, or does the club lose money if we do? It that's the case then the club can keep the money and I'll rip up the tickets. I would just like to know one way or the other.
Problem is most supporters do not want our club to suffer financially either way but when you look at things in the cold light of day my scenario probably mirrors a few others too.

Up to now I have paid for 4 adult Wycombe tickets upfront costing me around £84 of which I have never asked my mates for their share yet and no doubt the f*ckers have hid themselves away in an underground sewer. However, if I'm to waive this cost plus the waiving of my season ticket balance and then wave another close on 400 sobs on a new season ticket then I may as well wave goodbye to yesterday (Estonia Eurovision song pun). But seriously though it would be great if the club said via the club's website that the refund on the Wycombe tickets will in no way hurt our clubs finances and you may now all take great pleasure in piling in for a refund asap. Ok perhaps not quite written in that eloquent way.

Coyy's.

Problem is most supporters do not want our club to suffer financially either way but when you look at things in the cold light of day my scenario probably mirrors a few others too.

Up to now I have paid for 4 adult Wycombe tickets upfront costing me around £84 of which I have never asked my mates for their share yet and no doubt the f*ckers have hid themselves away in an underground sewer. However, if I'm to waive this cost plus the waiving of my season ticket balance and then wave another close on 400 sobs on a new season ticket then I may as well wave goodbye to yesterday (Estonia Eurovision song pun). But seriously though it would be great if the club said via the club's website that the refund on the Wycombe tickets will in no way hurt our clubs finances and you may now all take great pleasure in piling in for a refund asap. Ok perhaps not quite written in that eloquent way.

Coyy's.

The way everyone's finances/jobs are at the moment in this new world order, no-one would blame you if you got the £84 refunded mate.

Maybe the club will offer a ‘sweetener’ for those buying a 20/21 season ticket who opted not to take a refund. One cup game or the like.
But why? Those who take the refund probably need the cash right now more than those who didn't. This kind of sweetener simply benefits financially those who could already afford to waive the refund.

• React
Reactions: MJB
But why? Those who take the refund probably need the cash right now more than those who didn't. This kind of sweetener simply benefits financially those who could already afford to waive the refund.

It also robs the club of one of its few income streams in the future when cash flow is going to be affected for a variety of reasons.

The home team keeps 100% of the gate money for a league match, it's only cup games where receipts are shared. That practice was scraped in the late 1980's to appease the "Big 6" who were threatening to breakaway from the football league and form something called a "premiership", as they thought that sharing was unfair.

Oxford may get something like 5% as a "sellers fee" but don't quote me on that.

I'll certainly be getting a refund for my Wycombe tickets.

The home team keeps 100% of the gate money for a league match, it's only cup games where receipts are shared. That practice was scraped in the late 1980's to appease the "Big 6" who were threatening to breakaway from the football league and form something called a "premiership", as they thought that sharing was unfair.

I wonder what Wycombe fans would have done if it was at ours and they had sold 1400 tickets for their big day out derby

I think HMRC will take a sixth of the ticket in VAT.

What isn’t clear yet is if we waive a refund on Wycombe ticket , whether oufc keep it or they pass back to Wycombe.

I think HMRC will take a sixth of the ticket in VAT.

What isn’t clear yet is if we waive a refund on Wycombe ticket , whether oufc keep it or they pass back to Wycombe.
Apparently away ticket monies are only paid after the game is played.

Then apply for the refunds, it’s not the clubs money it would have been Wycombe’s but not now
If Wycombe haven't received my £21.00, then I won't be asking for a refund as this will benefit Oxford.

If Wycombe haven't received my £21.00, then I won't be asking for a refund as this will benefit Oxford.
No it won’t benefit OUFC as technically they’ve sold a Wycombe ticket to you and Wycombe can say that’s our money it’s our ticket you’ve sold. But if Wycombe say refund the ticket money to your fans you can donate it to the club.

I've been a casual reader of these forums and I've never felt the need to post before but I feel I have to comment here and post my opinion. Why are people criticising others for getting a refund on their season tickets when the same people are openly admitting (and encouraging) people to use IPTV services instead of paying for games on iFollow? What's the difference? Either way you are taking money from the club (or not contributing money from the club) - at least with the refunds it is something that the club are offering and it is legal. This isn't a personal dig at anyone just something I feel I have to ask as I don't see how watching illegal streams are more morally acceptable than asking for a refund for a service that you have paid for and cannot be fulfilled (albeit at no fault of the club)

I've been a casual reader of these forums and I've never felt the need to post before but I feel I have to comment here and post my opinion. Why are people criticising others for getting a refund on their season tickets when the same people are openly admitting (and encouraging) people to use IPTV services instead of paying for games on iFollow? What's the difference? Either way you are taking money from the club (or not contributing money from the club) - at least with the refunds it is something that the club are offering and it is legal. This isn't a personal dig at anyone just something I feel I have to ask as I don't see how watching illegal streams are more morally acceptable than asking for a refund for a service that you have paid for and cannot be fulfilled (albeit at no fault of the club)
I think it’s £65 on average for a refund that’s a few grand which the club can not really afford to lose, yes you are correct using illegal streams are costing the club but the games we will see albeit by paying Sky for the price late which I think is around £20 yes £65 is a lot of money for some me included. Do I need it no so I will leave it with the club as will my wife, yet with this pandemic and the furlough and not being able to work no income and even before the pandemic a ST is possibly the one luxury you could afford and possibly feel I could do with that refund. should we criticise no of course not. But everyone is entitled to a refund no matter what it’s for.
The other thing that is offered is use the refund against next seasons ST at least the club are getting money.

A bit late to be discussing season ticket refunds as I believe the deadline to apply has passed.

Had this reply today;

At this stage we are prioritising 2019/20 Season Ticket rebates, however you can rest assured you will have the same options available to you in due course. As soon as we have further information, we will contact supporters.

Back
Top Bottom