Referendumb

Laborious Labour, Lib Dumbs, SNPissoff et al keep trying to convince us that we should have another referendum, concerning the EU 'love it or hate it' fiasco. The wonderful, caring, sharing, Tories (soon to be led by same-hair-as-Donald Chump, Boris bloody Karloff) keep saying 'no' because it will cause more division in the country than what is here already. Whenever you watch Question Time (Thursdays), the audience screams blue murder when someone suggests it. These people are always Brexiteers, of course.
Are they scared they might just lose, I wonder? I ask that, because two weeks ago, we had a mini referendum, as such. The Brexit Party had more votes than the others, as you know. Brexiteers were sqealing with delight. All the remain voters voted for 4 or five different parties, so the result was splintered, as such. Last night, in Peterborough, we had a by-election, which was won (Narrowly) by the Labour (in the EU one minute, out the next) Party. Again, this was a 'mini referendum', if you think about it.

From what I make of it, Brexiteers are happy to have these 'mini-referendums', if they think they will win. So, in my opinion, a proper referendum with a choice of:

1) Leave with a deal
2) Leave without a deal
3) Stay in the EU

is the right way to go forward.

But. We have to be fair to the SNP. They want a second referendum in Scotland. If a 2nd ref is allowed over the EU, Scottish people should be allowed to decide if they want another one. The people from Wales could well ask for a referendum, too. Let them have one. And what about Ireland? Hmmmm.

Last edited:
From what I make of it, Brexiteers are happy to have these 'mini-referendums', if they think they will win. So, in my opinion, a proper referendum with a choice of:

1) Leave with a deal
2) Leave without a deal
3) Stay in the EU

Had this argument already. You effectively split the vote to leave. The remain vote wins.
Ain't gonna happen. Move along.

Laborious Labour, Lib Dumbs, SNPissoff et al keep trying to convince us that we should have another referendum, concerning the EU 'love it or hate it' fiasco. The wonderful, caring, sharing, Tories (soon to be led by same-hair-as-Donald Chump, Boris bloody Karloff) keep saying 'no' because it will cause more devision in the country than what is here already. Whenever you watch Question Time (Thursdays), the audience screams blue murder when someone suggests it. These people are always Brexiteers, of course.
Are they scared they might just lose, I wonder? I ask that, because two weeks ago, we had a mini referendum, as such. The Brexit Party had more votes than the others, as you know. Brexiteers were sqealing with delight. All the remain voters voted for 4 or five different parties, so the result was splintered, as such. Last night, in Peterborough, we had a by-election, which was won (Narrowly) by the Labour (in the EU one minute, out the next) Party. Again, this was a 'mini referendum', if you think about it.

1) Leave with a deal
2) Leave without a deal
3) Stay in the EU

But. We have to be fair to the SNP. They want a second referendum in Scotland. If a 2nd ref is allowed over the EU, Scottish people should be allowed to decide if they want another one. The people from Wales could well ask for a referendum, too. Let them have one. And what about Ireland? Hmmmm.
By the theory of your last paragraph regarding Scotland surely if they are to have a 2nd referendum then this should be before any 2nd referendum as if they are to leave the Uk they shouldn’t have any say on us leaving the Eu. There is little demand for a leaving the Uk referendum in Wales and Northern Ireland would politically be a nightmare.
If Scotland voted to leave the Uk then that would massively reduce the chances of the Uk remaining in the Eu as 62% of them are pro remain.

Back
Top Bottom