General Referees

When apart from the summer? They have other jobs as was pointed out by KR in one of his articles.
Then the summer it is they must have some scenario training other wise the man in Nlack could be the difference between approximately 3.5 and 8.5 million L1 money and Championship money

Surely a full time professional league should have full time professional referee`s by now?
Good enough for the Prem & Champ then good enough for Leagues 1 & 2?

Then the summer it is they must have some scenario training other wise the man in Nlack could be the difference between approximately 3.5 and 8.5 million L1 money and Championship money

They will have some training, including fitness training, but they still also have other jobs, families, holidays/time off etc.

Another poor display by the referee yesterday. How was that not a sending off of the goalkeeper. I still think the standard is poor this season.

There is also a theory that many would be referees drop out of the program because of the abuse they get from parents at junior level and the players at grassroots. This then cuts down the available talent coming through and as the senior game needs refs, they are having to recruit from a low standard.
Depends on your strength of character, when i did Junior level it was always an enjoyable time and similar as you made the step up.

I think once the game was scrutinized by Tv and the Blame culture towards officials virtual game after game by pundits the problems began.. Once Money became the b all and end all The Players Managers staff etc were given free reign to criticize and in player cases forever in their face.
Whilst we all joke about Fergie Time it was actually not that funny in real terms because the tone was set and allowed to get out of control.

I still don't see why the 10 yard move of free kicks for dissent was dropped.
I also think retrospective bans for players abusing refs would work, using camera footage and a microphone on the refs headset to match up what was said and by whom

I still don't see why the 10 yard move of free kicks for dissent was dropped.
I also think retrospective bans for players abusing refs would work, using camera footage and a microphone on the refs headset to match up what was said and by who
I would also add that when a player kicks the ball away when a foul is given against then either move it forward 10 yards or equivilent of distance travelled whichever is greater

On your 2nd point if the official is aware of it then he deals with it and regardless of time of game.. How many times do you hear tv pundits say a ref spoilt the game by sending someone off. Mike Dean gets a lot of stick but i recall him saying to a player/captain don't blame me he did it not me.

Back
Top Bottom