Recent events

How is the relationship with the club from the Oxvox perspective?
Is is strained after the words said after the last HMRC debacle?
I really don't know why McW doesn't communicate better. He appears to be Tiger's voice and yet he hardly appears help.

It is rightfully toxic though?

People are reacting to terrible club management in many areas and at many levels.

It’s nice to be nice, but I’d rather not be nice if it allows some not so nice types to get away with not nice behavior. Toxic brews for a reason

12.11: "We are, of course, concerned by these developments and will report back when we are able and hope for a swift resolution. We will also seek reassurance from the Club that this will not become a recurring situation."

28.11: "We are also writing as a follow up to our recent communications to you regarding the same matters, as we feel we have yet to receive satisfactory answers to our questions."
(response) Despite asking for a reply before yesterday’s FA Cup game we are extremely disappointed to report that, at the time of writing, we have received no such reply from Tiger and the board. We feel that there is absolutely no excuse for this...We are extremely concerned with the way our club is being run and demand that Tiger and the board respond to our questions as a matter of urgency.

15.01: "We are shocked and disappointed to learn that the club have once again allowed us to fall behind with HMRC payments. Assurances had been made and have just as quickly been broken...

19.01: "We are now calling on the Directors of Oxford Utd to give some frank and honest answers to the questions we have repeatedly asked, and to do so directly to the fans."
(response) "On the matter of whether or not our questions have been answered, we would say, in a very basic sense most questions have been given an answer, but many more remain."

19.02: "We were, like most, shocked and disappointed that this payment was not met and have been in contact with the club from yesterday seeking answers."

Anyone notice a pattern? The work of OxVox in at least attempting to get answers is commendable, but in my mind the club doesn't give a tuppeny f*ck about them.

It is a real probkem.that on the face of it the club appear to have bypassed Oxvox. They simply appear to ignore them?
What Tiger needs alongside paying the bills is to have more of a Kelvin Thomas/early DE who will at least try and keep supporters onside and communicate/ listen to the concerns and also explain to Tiger that the mushroom treatment really isn't the best way forwards.

I do wonder if the club employees get treated in the same manner as fans/supporters. i.e. No information at all.
Are they also left to wonder why their employer cannot/will not meet his financial commitments? Would anyone wish to work for such a person? Or, is that how things are in his native Thailand?
What does the MD actually know for fact? (he may have to get back to us on that one)

Questions are being asked and basically being ignored or at best being given bland and vague responses.

Surely OXVOX are part of the wider fan rep community and have connections with others within this community who have connections within the media who could pick this up?

Why are these issues not being pushed into the media?

I know we are only a small provincial club and it's all about the plastic premiershit as far as the media are concerned but I still think this could be picked up and some pressure for REAL answers applied!

It is a real probkem.that on the face of it the club appear to have bypassed Oxvox. They simply appear to ignore them?
What Tiger needs alongside paying the bills is to have more of a Kelvin Thomas/early DE who will at least try and keep supporters onside and communicate/ listen to the concerns and also explain to Tiger that the mushroom treatment really isn't the best way forwards.

We are just been paid lip service I'm afraid , if you wanted to run a club and have best the intention you would work with all parties and pull in the same direction, early days of the Eales / Ashton.

Let's look at the facts.

1. First press conference, my first thoughts we are in trouble. :cautious:
  2. Wow factors :cautious:
  3. 5-6 loan players... Really! :cautious:
  4. Bowled over to Kassam and then the fallout where Kassam took fire about they do not know what they are doing.
  5. Then the board, has anybody heard a word from them, you know the one, a rally cry!! here's the plan do not worry. (Apart from McNeil, he sounds to laid back and a man with hands tied)
  6. WUP and the excuse of transferring money, Tiger has openly said he will not put some money into the OUFC bank account as a buffer to pay the "Unexpected" Why?
  7. If any chairman/owner worth his salt would of got shot of KR by now, not a knee jerk reaction stats speak for themselves.
  8. Where is Tiger when we need him to put our minds to rest?
So there is obviously something going on in the background, this little snippet for the OxVox statement makes me think this.

"While tensions are understandably high and we are all looking to vent our frustrations, we would ask supporters to take a breath before acting (and posting) <== Are they reading the forum?

What are we scared of? Is it that fragile a relationship they might just walk away, walk away from what?
Be honest I'm half expecting them too as soon the deal falls on it's a**e, meanwhile the club sinks,fans suffers and we have pick up the pieces again!

I just get exasperated as no one can do some straight talking...

Last edited:
Bit weird how on the same day as each other our supporters’ trust and Radio Oxford are effectively saying to people “please don’t say how angry you are on the internet.”

Absolutely even Nathan on RadOx prior the game was quoting temper your voices..

Absolutely even Nathan on RadOx prior the game was quoting temper your voices..
I think people would be more willing to temper their voices if they could see the local media actually pressing the club management on these issues. To be fair, I think Jerome's questioning of Tiger a couple of weeks back was more probing than usual, but these events do seem to go by without much comment.

As for ST's dealings with OxVox, I don't find this surprising at all. To my mind, and I know I sound like a broken record on this, the way the deal was waved through without public comment despite the alarm bells just demonstrated that he didn't have to worry about them. Both under DE and under ST, the emphasis has been far too much on "friend" rather than "critical".

Bit weird how on the same day as each other our supporters’ trust and Radio Oxford are effectively saying to people “please don’t say how angry you are on the internet.”
I think it is more, threats of violence, and being abusive to club employees is probably misguided if you are angry with the owner.

I think it is more, threats of violence, and being abusive to club employees is probably misguided if you are angry with the owner.
I would 100% agree with that, but say it outright rather than a blanket statement that essentially says, "Don't say bad things about the club on the internet". The message being put out is much closer to one of attempted censorship than one reminding people to not be awful and break the law.

Again, I do agree that there are very clear lines that shouldn't be crossed but clearly have been, and no matter how angry someone is there are limits both legally and in terms of basic human decency.

Why though? Unless we have suddenly woke up in an Oxford United police state people can say what they want, it needs more than watch what you say to shut people up, in fact that’s a bit of a red rag.

Even my optimism is being stretched to the limits. Hopefully OxVox will be able to share as much information as possible after their committee meeting tonight, but I don't envy their position right now in trying to bridge the gap between angry and let down fans and an owner who says little, and even less that makes sense.

I haven’t read all of the comments on here but I’m struggling to think what we as supporters can do in the form of protests. The real culprit is thousands of miles away in Thailand and I’m not sure any of the other directors bother to show up for games either. That just leaves NM and KR in the front line trenches and what good is it letting them know our feelings? I’m sure they both have the best intentions and are doing their best even if they’re falling short, but they’re not going anywhere.

I’m not sure if people are seeing the pattern but after bad news or bad results we all get very angry and vent our spleens to anyone who’ll listen or post it on here but the club doesn’t respond in anyway, they duck down behind the parapet for a couple of days until the fans attention and focus slowly turns to the next match and supporting the team. Because that’s what we do, we support the team as best we can and the owner sort of gets away with not having to respond again. If the team gets a good win then even better for the owners, they might even venture to release a statement at that point praising Robinson, the team and supporters urging everyone to come along to the next game. Of course, after a bad result they hide away again. We’re a bit like those zombies in the horror films - and I include myself in this analogy I hasten to add - shout and scream about for a bit but if you keep quiet for a while we, like the zombies, shut down again..

My point is, with all the ‘owners/directors’ scattered around the world and not arsed to attend matches, us getting angry for a couple of days, to absolutely zero response from the owner, before calming down again, on a weekly basis counts for nothing. But what else is there to do..?

Edit: And before anyone says that Tiger addresses the fans each week in his program notes, I don’t class those inane sound bites as responding to the supporters issues. That’s assuming he even writes them.

Last edited:
I haven’t read all of the comments on here but I’m struggling to think what we as supporters can do in the form of protests. The real culprit is thousands of miles away in Thailand and I’m not sure any of the other directors bother to show up for games either. That just leaves NM and KR in the front line trenches and what good is it letting them know our feelings? I’m sure they both have the best intentions and are doing their best even if they’re falling short, but they’re not going anywhere.

I’m not sure if people are seeing the pattern but after bad news or bad results we all get very angry and vent our spleens to anyone who’ll listen or post it on here but the club doesn’t respond in anyway, they duck down behind the parapet for a couple of days until the fans attention and focus slowly turns to the next match and supporting the team. Because that’s what we do, we support the team as best we can and the owner sort of gets away with not having to respond again. If the team gets a good win then even better for the owners, they might even venture to release a statement at that point praising Robinson, the team and supporters urging everyone to come along to the next game. Of course, after a bad result they hide away again. We’re a bit like those zombies in the horror films - and I include myself in this analogy I hasten to add - shout and scream about for a bit but if you keep quiet for a while we, like the zombies, shut down again..

My point is, with all the ‘owners/directors’ scattered around the world and not arsed to attend matches, us getting angry for a couple of days, to absolutely zero response from the owner, before calming down again, on a weekly basis counts for nothing. But what else is there to do..?

Edit: And before anyone says that Tiger addresses the fans each week in his program notes, I don’t class those inane sound bites as responding to the supporters issues. That’s assuming he even writes them.

Back
Top Bottom