Recent events

Bit ironic that Tiger needs to have more of a Kelvin Thomas approach as I can’t remember who exactly but someone close to the owners from 2006 up to Lenagan leaving told me one of that regime told him had we not beaten York in 2010 we would’ve gone into administration due to the massive overspend which if I remember correctly was all but admitted as to the reason Ian Lenagan became more hands on. I do agree communications need to be better, 3 WUP issued is not good enough and both must be improved upon in the future.
Isn't it 4 WUP's?

Bit ironic that Tiger needs to have more of a Kelvin Thomas approach as I can’t remember who exactly but someone close to the owners from 2006 up to Lenagan leaving told me one of that regime told him had we not beaten York in 2010 we would’ve gone into administration due to the massive overspend which if I remember correctly was all but admitted as to the reason Ian Lenagan became more hands on. I do agree communications need to be better, 3 WUP issued is not good enough and both must be improved upon in the future.
My point was really in relation to the way that both got fans onside and communicated.
I hear the rumours of what allegedly went on and clearly we don't need that.

My point was really in relation to the way that both got fans onside and communicated.
I hear the rumours of what allegedly went on and clearly we don't need that.
I totally agree regarding communication with fan base although that is surely the Md/Ceo and communication(media) departments job.

Nathan Cooper 25mins to 28mins on the pre match last night, catch it on BBC sounds. Basically bite your lip, knows that it hurts because to fragment and upset those with the money will harm the our club more. The club that sticks together in this dogfight will be the one that survives in div 1 and that's all that matters, the rest is for the summer. We would be surprised how these monied people can be upset. Spoke with a lot of feeling, listened to it and digesting the message. Worth the time to listen if you can.

Thanks, will try and find the time.

The problem for Oxvox, if they do know the full story how do they "manage" that information to keep everyone happy.

The problem for Oxvox, if they do know the full story how do they "manage" that information to keep everyone happy.
Well, if it’s a case of keeping the club happy - frankly, screw them. Unless OxVox are in some sort of abusive relationship where the owner and directors treat them like dirt, but they still acquiesce, they need to start laying out the full facts as they know them. We can’t just sleepwalk into oblivion.

Just when exactly should we book up for a protest about our club/manager/chairman?
Perhaps we should wait until it’s mathematically impossible for us to stay in this league, or, perhaps wait until the end of the season.
After all, we don’t want our complaints to be too loud or to be misconstrued as criticism, just in case we upset anyone!!??

So the up shot is let’s not rock the boat until the cricket season then we’ll let em have it !!!!
God help us

I get the feeling that the board realise that they’ve lost control of the ‘narrative’ and as a result is applying a bit of pressure here and there.

The response from OxVox will be interesting.

EDIT - apparently a regular poster has now been told to watch what he posts on here because 'big brother (the club) is watching'. Individuals are now facing restrictions. This is fast becoming unacceptable.
If that's true (not doubting what you say, Pete, but you used the word "apparently"), the end is in sight. What next, wearing a special badge when we go to games to indicate that we aren't 'on message' and can be kept in a separate part of the ground?

Well, if it’s a case of keeping the club happy - frankly, screw them. Unless OxVox are in some sort of abusive relationship where the owner and directors treat them like dirt, but they still acquiesce, they need to start laying out the full facts as they know them. We can’t just sleepwalk into oblivion.
You are only looking at it from one angle, IF they know the full facts it might not be the view that is as bad as it looks from the outside.

You are only looking at it from one angle, IF they know the full facts it might not be the view that is as bad as it looks from the outside.

This crossed my mind. Maybe it's time to put up or shut up?

Damage is being done.

If that’s the case then I see no reason why they shouldn’t say so. But the noises from OxVox is that they aren’t getting any substantive answers from the club. If that’s changed, let’s hear it.

EDIT - apparently a regular poster has now been told to watch what he posts on here because 'big brother (the club) is watching'. Individuals are now facing restrictions. This is fast becoming unacceptable.
If that is the case, that’s completely unacceptable. If people are posting libellous comments, then the club can take the appropriate action. But if it’s just people reporting things the club would rather others didn’t hear, then that’s tough.

Back
Top Bottom