Recent events

Bit weird how on the same day as each other our supporters’ trust and Radio Oxford are effectively saying to people “please don’t say how angry you are on the internet.”

Yep. Why?

I haven’t read all of the comments on here but I’m struggling to think what we as supporters can do in the form of protests. The real culprit is thousands of miles away in Thailand and I’m not sure any of the other directors bother to show up for games either. That just leaves NM and KR in the front line trenches and what good is it letting them know our feelings? I’m sure they both have the best intentions and are doing their best even if they’re falling short, but they’re not going anywhere.

I’m not sure if people are seeing the pattern but after bad news or bad results we all get very angry and vent our spleens to anyone who’ll listen or post it on here but the club doesn’t respond in anyway, they duck down behind the parapet for a couple of days until the fans attention and focus slowly turns to the next match and supporting the team. Because that’s what we do, we support the team as best we can and the owner sort of gets away with not having to respond again. If the team gets a good win then even better for the owners, they might even venture to release a statement at that point praising Robinson, the team and supporters urging everyone to come along to the next game. Of course, after a bad result they hide away again. We’re a bit like those zombies in the horror films - and I include myself in this analogy I hasten to add - shout and scream about for a bit but if you keep quiet for a while we, like the zombies, shut down again..

My point is, with all the ‘owners/directors’ scattered around the world and not arsed to attend matches, us getting angry for a couple of days, to absolutely zero response from the owner, before calming down again, on a weekly basis counts for nothing. But what else is there to do..?

Edit: And before anyone says that Tiger addresses the fans each week in his program notes, I don’t class those inane sound bites as responding to the supporters issues. That’s assuming he even writes them.

It's difficult to know what difference a protest would do anyway. Tiger is in Thailand, Kassam in Monaco. NMcW is probably out of his depth, but appears to genuinely care about the club and has an impossible role. Robinson does come across as someone who would give into fan pressure and the players are all we have.

It's about getting as many points as possible between Blackpool on Saturday and Luton in May to keep us safe. That means staying together and backing the team on the pitch more than ever. We can then pick the bones out of it at the end of the season when Robinson will probably go regardless of where we finish.

Regardless of whatever we think, I can't see any changes until then no matter what action we take. It's not like there is anyone in the boardroom even if it was stormed!!

It's difficult to know what difference a protest would do anyway. Tiger is in Thailand, Kassam in Monaco. NMcW is probably out of his depth, but appears to genuinely care about the club and has an impossible role. Robinson does come across as someone who would give into fan pressure and the players are all we have.

It's about getting as many points as possible between Blackpool on Saturday and Luton in May to keep us safe. That means staying together and backing the team on the pitch more than ever. We can then pick the bones out of it at the end of the season when Robinson will probably go regardless of where we finish.

Regardless of whatever we think, I can't see any changes until then no matter what action we take. It's not like there is anyone in the boardroom even if it was stormed!!
Exactly. I think we’re pretty powerless to do anything other then support the team from here on in. It might be playing into ST and the rest of the directors hands a little bit but what else can we do..?

Yep. Why?
Nathan Cooper 25mins to 28mins on the pre match last night, catch it on BBC sounds. Basically bite your lip, knows that it hurts because to fragment and upset those with the money will harm the our club more. The club that sticks together in this dogfight will be the one that survives in div 1 and that's all that matters, the rest is for the summer. We would be surprised how these monied people can be upset. Spoke with a lot of feeling, listened to it and digesting the message. Worth the time to listen if you can.

Basically bite your lip, knows that it hurts because to fragment and upset those with the money will harm the our club more. The club that sticks together in this dogfight will be the one that survives in div 1 and that's all that matters, the rest is for the summer.
Sorry, but that's horsesh!t, IMHO. The current chairman has treated the fanbase, including OxVox, with absolute contempt and to suggest that fans should do nothing which upsets him is ridiculous.

As others have said, I look forward to what OxVox have to say after their committee meeting tonight, but for me the gloves have got to come right off now. We have had FOUR winding up orders in less than 12 months when we haven't had a single one for something like 20 years, and the club haven't even acknowledged the latest one! Fans at other clubs have protested at much less!

For those wondering what the point of a protest is when the owner is thousands of miles away, well, that is the point! A properly planned and organised protest will get media attention and be shaming for the owners. And that is owners plural. The other directors such as Zaki and Thohir won't welcome the adverse publicity particularly, if the rumours are true, it's been Zaki actually paying the bills to keep the club ticking over.

OUR club is dying in front of our eyes. Do people really want to let that happen without a fight? Do we really have to wait until we are shaking buckets outside the ground and delivering food parcels to club staff before we do anything?

Nathan Cooper 25mins to 28mins on the pre match last night, catch it on BBC sounds. Basically bite your lip, knows that it hurts because to fragment and upset those with the money will harm the our club more. The club that sticks together in this dogfight will be the one that survives in div 1 and that's all that matters, the rest is for the summer. We would be surprised how these monied people can be upset. Spoke with a lot of feeling, listened to it and digesting the message. Worth the time to listen if you can.

I’ve just listened to the Nathan Cooper bit you highlighted.

I’m not entirely sure what to think. Nathan is no doubt a lot closer to the club than I or many others on this forum. It was obviously a heart felt plea for fans to get behind the team until the end of the campaign and leave the off field recriminations until the end of the season.

That’s fair enough to a point. I believe that the majority of fans will stick with the team until our fate for next season is settled one way or the other.

Sounds to me is if Nathan is the messenger here, so don’t shoot the messenger!

But I must admit that to expect supporters to just do and say nothing about FOUR winding up orders issued since Thanakarnjanasuth bought club and brush it under the carpet is quite simply not going to happen.

Sorry, but that's horsesh!t, IMHO. The current chairman has treated the fanbase, including OxVox, with absolute contempt and to suggest that fans should do nothing which upsets him is ridiculous.

As others have said, I look forward to what OxVox have to say after their committee meeting tonight, but for me the gloves have got to come right off now. We have had FOUR winding up orders in less than 12 months when we haven't had a single one for something like 20 years, and the club haven't even acknowledged the latest one! Fans at other clubs have protested at much less!

For those wondering what the point of a protest is when the owner is thousands of miles away, well, that is the point! A properly planned and organised protest will get media attention and be shaming for the owners. And that is owners plural. The other directors such as Zaki and Thohir won't welcome the adverse publicity particularly, if the rumours are true, it's been Zaki actually paying the bills to keep the club ticking over.

OUR club is dying in front of our eyes. Do people really want to let that happen without a fight? Do we really have to wait until we are shaking buckets outside the ground and delivering food parcels to club staff before we do anything?
I tend to agree. When you go into a new Country you try and learn their customs and culture. Bring offended because supporters want to be informed and not treated like deal (IF that is what Nathan was suggesying) is ridiculous.
Oxvox need to really be tough now in my view.
And NMcW needs to start guiding Tiger and communicating far far better than he has to date (He is the MD?)

Is he confirming big investments could be made if a big deal is done, but on the flip side if no deal is done they could just walk?

I wonder what Robinson saw or heard to believe it was worth leaving Charlton for. coming from a basket case club like they were he must have seen something in Oxford. Maybe there is a plan and light at the end of the tunnel or he's been conned like the rest of us

I wonder what Robinson saw or heard to believe it was worth leaving Charlton for. coming from a basket case club like they were he must have seen something in Oxford. Maybe there is a plan and light at the end of the tunnel or he's been conned like the rest of us
I have a feeling Tiger sold vast amounts of snake oil to KR and KR sold Tiger an equal amount of it.

I’ve just listened to the Nathan Cooper bit you highlighted.

I’m not entirely sure what to think. Nathan is no doubt a lot closer to the club than I or many others on this forum. It was obviously a heart felt plea for fans to get behind the team until the end of the campaign and leave the off field recriminations until the end of the season.

That’s fair enough to a point. I believe that the majority of fans will stick with the team until our fate for next season is settled one way or the other.

Sounds to me is if Nathan is the messenger here, so don’t shoot the messenger!

But I must admit that to expect supporters to just do and say nothing about FOUR winding up orders issued since Thanakarnjanasuth bought club and brush it under the carpet is quite simply not going to happen.
No not shooting messenger at all, he has a point but I am very uncomfortable with the fans and supporters organisation seemingly being treated with contempt. Nathan has also commented that make no mistake the upside down and other banners did not go unnoticed in Thailand, he and Radio Ox seem to know more than they are reporting, but they do of course have a relationship to maintain with the club so I don't think they are fulfilling their duty to inform. If the reports of stewards checking flags last night are true it would be another pretty sinister development alongside Ultras flags being locked away in the south stand. ST may have his pride and self esteem but so do I and I'm not sure if some honest communication does not take place before the next home game I will feel the need to hold back my feelings

Doesn’t say much for the future of this club if the owner gets offended by fairly mild criticism and wants to take his ball home, not that he is doing a great job of running it anyway, does he expect thanks for four winding up orders, a relegation battle and no away wins?

Doesn’t say much for the future of this club if the owner gets offended by fairly mild criticism and wants to take his ball home, not that he is doing a great job of running it anyway, does he expect thanks for four winding up orders, a relegation battle and no away wins?
That begs the question of has bowthaiger paid for the ball he's taking home?

Well regardless if away wins the way that the club is treating the fans is totally different and unacceptable in my view
These veiled threats by Nathan are confusing.
Why don't people front up and be honest and straightforward? Surely somebody can tell us what on earth is happening?

Is he confirming big investments could be made if a big deal is done, but on the flip side if no deal is done they could just walk?

Things don't add up at all. There is some insinuation that we might be close to some mega deal and we shouldn't kick the hornets nest, but if Tiger wants us on side then he's best off actually telling us what is going on.

It is a real probkem.that on the face of it the club appear to have bypassed Oxvox. They simply appear to ignore them?
What Tiger needs alongside paying the bills is to have more of a Kelvin Thomas/early DE who will at least try and keep supporters onside and communicate/ listen to the concerns and also explain to Tiger that the mushroom treatment really isn't the best way forwards.
Bit ironic that Tiger needs to have more of a Kelvin Thomas approach as I can’t remember who exactly but someone close to the owners from 2006 up to Lenagan leaving told me one of that regime told him had we not beaten York in 2010 we would’ve gone into administration due to the massive overspend which if I remember correctly was all but admitted as to the reason Ian Lenagan became more hands on. I do agree communications need to be better, 3 WUP issued is not good enough and both must be improved upon in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom