Recent events

If that’s the case then I see no reason why they shouldn’t say so. But the noises from OxVox is that they aren’t getting any substantive answers from the club. If that’s changed, let’s hear it.
You might not see why, but there might be very valid reasons, this is all hypothetical and I can't speak for them.

You might not see why, but there might be very valid reasons, this is all hypothetical and I can't speak for them.
If OxVox are party to information which demonstrates that things aren't as bad as they appear, in light of the fourth winding up petition, I can't honestly think of any valid reason why that couldn't be communicated to the fan base to, at the very least, reassure us that our club is not going under. I would hope that the lessons of sacrificing independence for relationships have been learnt.

Regrettably, there does seem to be increasing anecdotal evidence that the higher echelons of the club - directly or through tame local media - are attempting to censor any views they interpret as detrimental to OUFC.

Personally, I reckon if there's nothing to hide, censorship is unnecessary, which suggests the board and its direct employees (NOT those further down the food chain) are being precious about criticism. Any group 'threatened' (Ultras, media, OxVox (?)) need to stand up and be counted.

EDIT - apparently a regular poster has now been told to watch what he posts on here because 'big brother (the club) is watching'. Individuals are now facing restrictions. This is fast becoming unacceptable.
If that is the case, that’s completely unacceptable. If people are posting libellous comments, then the club can take the appropriate action. But if it’s just people reporting things the club would rather others didn’t hear, then that’s tough.
It isn't the case. Just a misunderstanding.

If OxVox are party to information which demonstrates that things aren't as bad as they appear, in light of the fourth winding up petition, I can't honestly think of any valid reason why that couldn't be communicated to the fan base to, at the very least, reassure us that our club is not going under. I would hope that the lessons of sacrificing independence for relationships have been learnt.
Myles, do you not think with you obvious desire for the club to do well, you get yourself on the Oxvox committee and help from inside, instead of why why why questions, with your experience you can only be a benefit and help in helping to resolve any issues for our club.

Myles, do you not think with you obvious desire for the club to do well, you get yourself on the Oxvox committee and help from inside, instead of why why why questions, with your experience you can only be a benefit and help in helping to resolve any issues for our club.
I’d be more than happy to provide assistance to the committee should they desire it. But it won’t stop me from asking questions.

Back
Top Bottom