Manager/Coach Really? Why?

Who have him a new contract?
It sounded at the forum in not so many words that Stevens is not considered as good enough at the moment.
I got that impression from reading the notes of the forum, which I find surprising as he has always had excellent reviews wherever he has been up until now, which although at lower levels, does not serve as evidence that he cannot cut it at our level... Of course I'm not at training, and who knows whether there has been a dip in form this season, but I was very surprised to hear KR say that.

PS - the new contract was Shearer not Stevens.

I got that impression from reading the notes of the forum, which I find surprising as he has always had excellent reviews wherever he has been up until now, which although at lower levels, does not serve as evidence that he cannot cut it at our level... Of course I'm not at training, and who knows whether there has been a dip in form this season, but I was very surprised to hear KR say that.

PS - the new contract was Shearer not Stevens.

He, young Jack Stevens, did exceptionally well on loan to Oxford City, during part of last season, especially if the televised fa cup match v Notts County was any indicator .... before KRs arrival though, so he (KR) wont be that aware of that particular stage in Jack's development?

Now now. Stop judging KR on what he's done. Mr Wig'll flip.

1) KR hasn't done anything yet.
2) The constant moaning and negativity about every little detail really is getting boring.
3) Did fans really expect this season to be plain sailing and a smooth start?

He, young Jack Stevens, did exceptionally well on loan to Oxford City, during part of last season, especially if the televised fa cup match v Notts County was any indicator .... before KRs arrival though, so he (KR) wont be that aware of that particular stage in Jack's development?
......and the same at Tamworth for the second half of the season too.
Hope he isnt going to be another Faz victim

“We want to make this as professional as possible and that’s got to be our objective.”

Those are KR’s words but I don’t see him backing this up with actions. Antics on the touchline, some interesting post match interviews, odd man management comments (Cameron Norman) and a stint in the stands already.

I don’t see him as the man to bring professionalism to the club. For that I would point to someone like Appleton. KR seems to be the ‘shoot from the hip’ type.

I think I’ve seen enough now to say that he’s not the one for us, let him and us move on.

“We want to make this as professional as possible and that’s got to be our objective.”

Those are KR’s words but I don’t see him backing this up with actions. Antics on the touchline, some interesting post match interviews, odd man management comments (Cameron Norman) and a stint in the stands already.

I don’t see him as the man to bring professionalism to the club. For that I would point to someone like Appleton. KR seems to be the ‘shoot from the hip’ type.

I think I’ve seen enough now to say that he’s not the one for us, let him and us move on.

Again, I'm not too sure what people's issues with his comments regarding Norman are? He would of spoken to the player about why he wasn't in the squad and no doubt told him what he expects him to do to get back in the side.

It's not like today's article in the paper will be the first time Norman has been made aware of Robinson's feelings.

We also don't know what sort of character Norman is. This might be a beneficial kick up the a**e to him.

Again, I'm not too sure what people's issues with his comments regarding Norman are? He would of spoken to the player about why he wasn't in the squad and no doubt told him what he expects him to do to get back in the side.

It's not like today's article in the paper will be the first time Norman has been made aware of Robinson's feelings.

We also don't know what sort of character Norman is. This might be a beneficial kick up the a**e to him.

It’s this comment, ‘We didn’t think his (Norman’s) performances have been great recently.’

It’s one thing telling him personally, it’s another thing telling the Oxford Mail. I don’t recall Appleton ever publically criticising an individual over their performance on the pitch.

Can't believe some people on here, a year ago they were complaining the Darryl Eales was running down the backroom side of the club, now Tiger is rebuilding it they are still complaining. I know we've had a poor start to the season but I really don't get all this negative stuff towards the club, I think some people seem to have an agenda against the manager, chairman and club, I don't get it!!!

Two of the current staff are going. For their own reasons, unrelated to new additions

Also believe it was Brown who advised KR get a keeper in as Stevens "wasn't ready"

Brian McDermott was at the game on Tuesday so may be the new addition having previously worked with Tiger.

As for Robinson's comments, why not look at it from the other side of the coin? He publicly backed Sam Long and he came in and performed really well against Diaz and Sterling on Tuesday night. He did a similar thing with Norman previously, and Baptiste when they have had the opportunity to stake a claim in the side.

We are all desperate to see improvements, and these have produced individual improvements. No one was crying for McMahon when the same happened to him, or Ruffels getting pulled from CM. We need to be more ruthless rather than getting upset by every little thing Robinson says.

Last edited:
Brian McDermott was at the game on Tuesday so may be the new addition having previously worked with Tiger.

As for Robinson's comments, why not look at it from the other side of the coin? He publicly backed Sam Long and he came in and performed really well against Diaz and Sterling on Tuesday night. He did a similar thing with Norman previously, and Baptiste when they have had the opportunity to stake a claim in the side.

We are all desperate to see improvements, and these have produced individual improvements. No one was crying for McMahon when the same happened to him, or Ruffels getting pulled from CM. We need to be more ruthless rather than getting upset by every little thing Robinson says.

I agree. When it comes to man management there are as many good signs as bad from KR. In Norman's case it might be overall form but can't help thinking it's more about him making a very basic and sloppy positional mistake in Walsall's first goal on Saturday followed by agreeing to an article in the Guardian on Tuesday about his rise to face Man City. Bringing him down a peg or two for that? Again: might be the right thing to do.

Can't believe some people on here, a year ago they were complaining the Darryl Eales was running down the backroom side of the club, now Tiger is rebuilding it they are still complaining. I know we've had a poor start to the season but I really don't get all this negative stuff towards the club, I think some people seem to have an agenda against the manager, chairman and club, I don't get it!!!

Regarding KR, not so much an agenda, but worry over being bottom but one after nearly a quarter of the season, and it’s everyone’s fault bar his.

I think it’s the perceived arrogance of Robinson. He seems to be calling the shots, not Tiger, demanding this and that, when he should probably be keeping his head down at the present time and looking at his own performance first.

1) KR hasn't done anything yet.
2) The constant moaning and negativity about every little detail really is getting boring.
3) Did fans really expect this season to be plain sailing and a smooth start?

Robinson came in at the end of March, while not a huge amount of time it should be enough for an experienced league one coach to assess and improve on a squad over the summer.

I don’t think anyone expected us to tear the league up but we are struggling to be competitive at times, it’s been a bad start which doesn’t seem to be turning round, so with that in mind I don’t think Robinson as had it tough from the fans at all.

Ultimately judged on the performance of the team, all things considered, which has to be higher than the standard benchmark to make up for him having such poor PR skills :) Its quite entertaining but then so is Trump sometimes and KR seems to speak nonsense in the same vein. He sets himself up for the fall time and time again. Doesnt't come across as very smart, and definitely someone to play poker against. Lets hope today we can bag 3 points and start to move forward - not just talk about it. Any new ownership structure will have high expectations starting now. If we don't quickly get momentum, and especially if we lose the next couple, I wonder if we will be left scratching our heads wondering if KR was just unlucky, and who is next.

Back
Top Bottom