Matches Reading u18 v oufc u18 6/11/19

Well done you gun's, don't think I've seen young Adam Smith yet

Believe the u’18’s are at home on Saturday v Yeovil if anyone needs a football fix!

• React
Reactions: GRB
The main thing is to go through to the next round so that's good.
Happy to be corrected but I would think that the management would have expected it to have been far more comfortable ( Reading City are at a lower level than Oxford City?)

Smith scores with first touch.
He could be some player. An U16 player and is that his 3rd goal for the U18s in a couple of sub appearances?
It certainly wasn't his first touch but he did well after coming on. Good goal, assisted by an excellent cross from Nico Jones.

Happy to be corrected but I would think that the management would have expected it to have been far more comfortable ( Reading City are at a lower level than Oxford City?)
Good to get through but not as convincing a result as expected

I've certainly seen our boys play better and they should have won comfortably in normal time but at least we got through. Reading were very happy to sit deep behind the ball and we couldn't draw them out. They were determined and never gave up. I thought our keeper was good. Didn't have many saves to make but was always very quick off his line to snuff out any danger. Fabio Sole looks like he could be a player.

Had a really good chat to Karl Robinson in the first half and he was very happy to talk! Heard plenty of things from him and prep is already well under way for the Jan transfer window. One funny thing he told us was that Mackie had been given an extra day off (Wednesday) but still turned up for training regardless as he was bored! KR very impressed with Elliott Moore. He said he's going to put out a strong side this Sunday.

It certainly wasn't his first touch but he did well after coming on. Good goal, assisted by an excellent cross from Nico Jones.
Ah ok thanks. That is what the oufc twitter feed said (his first touch)

Ah ok thanks. That is what the oufc twitter feed said (his first touch)
He'd only been on a couple of minutes but he had made a few touches down in the line in front of me.

Had a really good chat to Karl Robinson in the first half and he was very happy to talk! Heard plenty of things from him and prep is already well under way for the Jan transfer window. One funny thing he told us was that Mackie had been given an extra day off (Wednesday) but still turned up for training regardless as he was bored! KR very impressed with Elliott Moore. He said he's going to put out a strong side this Sunday.
That says a lot about Mackie as a person, and the general energy about the club at the moment. It bodes well for the season.

That says a lot about Mackie as a person, and the general energy about the club at the moment. It bodes well for the season.
and, Mackie is the OUFC guest on Rad Ox 5 min fans forum later today (just after 6.30pm )

Believe the u’18’s are at home on Saturday v Yeovil if anyone needs a football fix!

The games are generally very entertaining and I'd thoroughly recommend watching their games if you can.

Unfortunately, according to the OWS, this game is being played at the training ground and isn't open for the public.

Good news, for him and the club, that Slavi Spasov is getting back from his long injury lay off

Last edited:

From what brief bits I've read, Reading City have linked up with an independent Youth Academy and they pick up players released from us, Reading etc.

It doesn't come as a surprise (from the OWS report or Yeovil preview) that Smith has been offered a Scholarship for next season. We picked him up from QPR (according to the same article) and he has scored 20 goals this season so far.

From what brief bits I've read, Reading City have linked up with an independent Youth Academy and they pick up players released from us, Reading etc.
Strange that as Reading doesn't have City status, that there's an independent Football club allowed to call itself Reading City?

Strange that as Reading doesn't have City status, that there's an independent Football club allowed to call itself Reading City?
I think they were called Highmoor until quite recently

Back
Top Bottom