Ray Wilkins

Manorman

Just heard that Ray Wilkins has died at the age of 61. Quality player and gentleman. Thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Leysboy

Very well spoken and by all accounts a real gentleman. Very good coach, and a sad loss!

Thoughts go to his family at this time.

Johnf

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Very sad news.
One of footballs gentlemen and a great player.
Rest in peace Ray

Very sad news.
One of footballs gentlemen and a great player.
Rest in peace Ray
Watched him play as captain of Chelsea when he was aged about 19. During the game he told a young girl autograph hunter he would sign later. After the final whistle he went straight across to give her his autograph. Sums him up as a person, I think. RIP.

Oldham

Terrible shame and a sad loss to the football family. As said above he was a true gent and always had time for people around him.
Condolences to his wife and family.
Ray, you will be sadly missed.

Ox4Eva

Had the pleasure of seeing him play a few times for the Gers and he was a class player and always came across as a gentlemen too.

Sad news

MC Yellow

May he RIP...

Such a soft, well spoken gent who, IMHO, was one of only a handful of footballers you could really look up to and see exactly how to conduct yourself.

Life is precious and can turn on a sixpence.

Thoughts with his family, friends and colleagues.

Such a shame.
I listen to talkSPORT most days and always felt happier when I heard he was on whatever show I was listening to at the time.

Always spoke sensibly, and was a real advocate for giving “young men” an opportunity in first teams.

I don’t really remember him as a player, but from everything I’ve seen and read it seems he was some player and better than I probably realised he was from my limited memories.

m

I remember him becoming the first Englishman to be sent off at the World Cup Finals - utterly out of character!

Top Bottom