Ranger- Yes or No ?

Sign Nile Ranger?

• Yes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 132 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KR questioning the credibilty of the OM poll on RadOx just now - "when you ask fans to vote, you sometimes wonder where those votes come from".
He's obviously been reading this thread!

He’s not needed, today showed that.. Bradbury is more than enough to take us through till January. Add in Smith, Spasov and Mackie with the option of Browne and Henry it we really get stuck and we are fine. What Robinson is doing imo is using Ranger as a way to gesture towards Tiger for more options in the window.

He’s not needed, today showed that.. Bradbury is more than enough to take us through till January. Add in Smith, Spasov and Mackie with the option of Browne and Henry it we really get stuck and we are fine. What Robinson is doing imo is using Ranger as a way to gesture towards Tiger for more options in the window.

I think this analysis is a good summary of Bradbury today(taken from another post)

I wasn’t impressed with Bradbury. I feel people want to love him because he’s not obika or Smith, but he really didn’t do that much when he cane on. Beaten in the air frequently and made a few poor first touches. Those are forgivable - but what I really didn’t like was how he seemed like he came on with the intention of ‘getting in the defenders faces’ and was outsmarted by two more experienced pros. Nearly got pulled into an unnecessary scuffle that could have seen him sent off.

Also Smith has possibly had his last chance. spasov, is a totally unknown entity, and Mackie is so often injured, and not really a goalscorer.
We are crying out for an experienced striker, possibly two.

In my view Bradbury did not show that we are ok to January.
We are hugely reliant on Mackie. Smith looks as if he joined us a year too early and Bradbury looks as if he can play a cameo.
There is Browne and Whyte who can play upfront but Bradbury is not the answer if Mackie were to be injured.

Like someone else said in January hopefully we should have some decent funds to get 2-3 decent players in, I thought we were looking at that centre forward from Leyton Orient in the summer, he knows where the goal is....

Bradbury is raw, there’s no denying that. However, it needs remembering that he’s a kid.

He’s come from a couple of successful loan spells where’s he shown he’s not afraid of mixing it with oppo senior pro’s and putting himself about whilst also getting high praise from those who have watched him.

What’s also worth noting is the fact that he has more to his game than being just a bully and someone who wants to mix it.

Be interesting to get mooro thoughts as he knows the youth better than anyone if past years are to go by.

Lastly, let’s develop our own rather than a loan from Reading who’s shown next to nothing so far..

And to think only a couple of seasons ago others in the football community were in admiration of the type of player we were attracting! Oh how we’ve fallen.

Back
Top Bottom