Ranger- Yes or No ?

Sign Nile Ranger?

• Yes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 132 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sorry, but I just do not believe the credibility of that Oxford Mail poll.

When I looked an hour or two ago there were just over 600 votes cast, which I found to be rather a lot, but when I looked a moment ago there were 1,297 votes cast. So are we to believe that nearly 700 people voted in under two hours, when many Oxford Mail stories attract less than ten comments (sometimes no comments!)?

There is something very very odd about that poll in my opinion!
I just voted six times by closing the browser and coming back in and using another search engine and that's just on my phone, got bored but placed another six against anyway

I'm sorry, but I just do not believe the credibility of that Oxford Mail poll.

When I looked an hour or two ago there were just over 600 votes cast, which I found to be rather a lot, but when I looked a moment ago there were 1,297 votes cast. So are we to believe that nearly 700 people voted in under two hours, when many Oxford Mail stories attract less than ten comments (sometimes no comments!)?

There is something very very odd about that poll in my opinion!

Agree that there is something very odd about it @Colin B

as @mooro pointed out (on another thread) the poll is accessible by readers of both Reading Chronical and Sw*nd*n Advertiser

also it appears its not too hard, should the mood take, to cast multiple votes in the poll, as @thegrumpyporter says above ^ !!!

the main concern is that the OM poll is part of the 'fans opinions counts (re signing Ranger)' piece , which alludes that KR is saying that what the fans think (re Ranger) is a factor, with the poll linked, and it appears being manipulated too, to the story, will KR take the 'result' of the open to misuse n abuse OM poll as a green light to actually sign Ranger?

I can see KR now..... "I saw the OM poll and realised the support we had for giving NR a chance".

Although he has been turning up on time to training & putting a shift in.

Its never dull around here!!

Agree that there is something very odd about it @Colin B

as @mooro pointed out (on another thread) the poll is accessible by readers of both Reading Chronical and Sw*nd*n Advertiser

also it appears its not too hard, should the mood take, to cast multiple votes in the poll, as @thegrumpyporter says above ^ !!!

the main concern is that the OM poll is part of the 'fans opinions counts (re signing Ranger)' piece , which alludes that KR is saying that what the fans think (re Ranger) is a factor, with the poll linked, and it appears being manipulated too, to the story, will KR take the 'result' of the open to misuse n abuse OM poll as a green light to actually sign Ranger?

KR & OM needs to look at this poll on here as this is a true reflection on what OUR fans want & think about him

KR & OM needs to look at this poll on here as this is a true reflection on what OUR fans want & think about him

Surely this is something that Oxvox as the fans' representatives should make the club very aware of. 74% against from those who read about/discuss the club on this forum rather than 62% in favour from a newspaper poll to which anyone can reply (and may do so if they thought the wrong result would be funny/disruptive to OUFC).

Could someone from Oxvox please let us know if the club are being made aware of the 'true fans' feelings?

NR isn't even playing for us and his mere presence at training is proving to be disruptive. QED?

Whilst the validity of the OM poll can be questioned, some of the comments by fans on fb and twitter are worrying. It shows just how desperate some are to see us win games. I don't ever think I could get behind this signing, no matter what he does on the pitch.

Also, if you must bring Chapman and McCormick into the discussion, then I don't think the best thing to do is to call them 'murderers', as that wasn't what they were convicted of. Murder and manslaughter are two different things.

Surely this is something that Oxvox as the fans' representatives should make the club very aware of. 74% against from those who read about/discuss the club on this forum rather than 62% in favour from a newspaper poll to which anyone can reply (and may do so if they thought the wrong result would be funny/disruptive to OUFC).

Could someone from Oxvox please let us know if the club are being made aware of the 'true fans' feelings?

NR isn't even playing for us and his mere presence at training is proving to be disruptive. QED?

I'd consider playing staff to be beyond OxVox's remit.

I'd consider playing staff to be beyond OxVox's remit.

I think the whole "The fans point of view on this is important" thing is tosh. KR is in charge of recruitment, not us. KR knows if he's playing well at the moment, not us. I don't think he's interested at all in what fans think - it was a stupid statement and he's already made his mind up about what he's going to do.

Has anyone asked KR how many strikers/goalscorers he has identified that he can sign in January, whether permanent or on loan. I would like to think he has got 3 or 4 possible names lined up, with a view to signing one proven goalscorer at this level and one speculative (from Conference or Ireland/Scotland etc). If this is the case there should be no reason to sign Ranger. But I guess he hasn't got anyone lined up hence the reason he wants to sign NR.

Surely if he was minded to sign Ranger he'd have done so today so that he could play tomorrow - letting another weekend pass without signing him is significant (hopefully)

Surely if he was minded to sign Ranger he'd have done so today so that he could play tomorrow - letting another weekend pass without signing him is significant (hopefully)
there may have already been some sort of signing ...even if its a pay as/if you play deal...done already?
after all if the fans give their 'OK' ( which the subjective OM poll 'gives') KR has said he will sign Ranger..... guess we'll find out tomorrow when the squad for the match is announced ?

Has anyone asked KR how many strikers/goalscorers he has identified that he can sign in January, whether permanent or on loan. I would like to think he has got 3 or 4 possible names lined up, with a view to signing one proven goalscorer at this level and one speculative (from Conference or Ireland/Scotland etc). If this is the case there should be no reason to sign Ranger. But I guess he hasn't got anyone lined up hence the reason he wants to sign NR.

But with all the gizzillionaires joining the board, aren't we going to spend big in January?

Ranger training with the club is just KR's idea of shits 'n giggles. Right?

Back
Top Bottom