Railway station

It will never happen, not in our lifetime anyhow.

Because they have been talking about this for years and are still no further forward.

I agree with Ox4Eva shocker (almost!)

I’ve lost count of the number of grandiose plans to improve Oxford’s transport. Few ever materialise - but there is some scope with this one.

The infrastructure is already there so the construction is fairly easy (although the legal wrangling would be tricky) and since the most competent franchise Chiltern are involved, it can be done and to a good standard.

Whilst 2019 would be incredibly optimistic, there is hope for this being a reality. Let’s face it, for home and away fans being able to reach the Kassam by train without the need for that tedious bus journey, it could open the club up for bigger crowds.

Because they have been talking about this for years and are still no further forward.

I agree with Ox4Eva shocker (almost!)

I’ve lost count of the number of grandiose plans to improve Oxford’s transport. Few ever materialise - but there is some scope with this one.

The infrastructure is already there so the construction is fairly easy (although the legal wrangling would be tricky) and since the most competent franchise Chiltern are involved, it can be done and to a good standard.

Whilst 2019 would be incredibly optimistic, there is hope for this being a reality. Let’s face it, for home and away fans being able to reach the Kassam by train without the need for that tedious bus journey, it could open the club up for bigger crowds.

Well those with Oxford councillors and MPs should let their elected officials know they think it’s a good idea.

On the subject of Oxford Science Park, why do they not open up their carparks for profit on match days? They employ someone to stop people going in. Why not employ him to take money!
I know this has been a bone of contention for a long.

If it does happen my concern is it would be for the science park not us. It would be like the Ricoh station, right there but doesn't have the capacity for a match day crowd

This will happen folks - word is that Jack Midson will ceremonially drive the first train in.

Back
Top Bottom