General Rage Online - Grenoble Road - Holding OUFC back?

Area by Frankie & Bennys is the big holdup but hard to solve without danger to pedestrians. Good stewarding and removable road hump needed.

Although if fans are quiet, no amount of architecture will help matters.
That is true. However having lower roofs on stands does seem to concentrate the sound, so when fans do start to make a bit of noise it doesn't just float away and others are encouraged to join in. I guess a low roof is more like an indoor venue.

The optimum ingredients to create a good atmosphere is, enclosed tight nit stadium, entertaining football, winning football, many weeks of not losing, either owning your stadium, or having a stadium owner who loves the Club, owner who loves the Club, fans believing that club and stadium owner love the club. Sometimes very occasionally when future of club is at stake fans can create a great atmosphere when none of the above are present.

Even fan expectancy can affect the ability of fans to create an atmosphere. If you feel the club is competing at a level above it's resources you are willing to back the club more and get behind it.

So speaks a driver!

I did mention getting a lift and walking as well as planning buses so that you aren`t arriving/leaving at a peak time.

Oh, you can cycle and use the cycle racks, come by motorbike etc.

The logistics of walking from home are "rather difficult". ?

Cycle racks?! Where the f are they then? I've been chaining mine to the flagpole!

In case this is a genuine question they are in the North East or South East of the stadium footprint.

is that gate kept locked when exiting the stadium? if so is there a reason why it’s not used to let some of the traffic out

is that gate kept locked when exiting the stadium? if so is there a reason why it’s not used to let some of the traffic out
It is used to allow the away coaches to exit and I would imagine it needs to remain scarcely used to allow access for emergency services.

Back
Top Bottom