General Radox 5 minute Forum

Can't believe that Tiger fell for my spin with the way he described the Stephen O'Donnell and Will Grigg potential deals? He only needed to look at so many on here saying that I was talking horseshit to know he'd look foolish to copy me!!!
Well it was hardly a secret we were in for those two.
Just being pedantic, you said that Will Grigg was a loan deal when in fact we made an offer to buy.

Can't believe that Tiger fell for my spin with the way he described the Stephen O'Donnell and Will Grigg potential deals? He only needed to look at so many on here saying that I was talking horseshit to know he'd look foolish to copy me!!!
With O'Donnell, it may have been worth asking him if he fancied the move prior (like Brentford did via Baptistes agent).

Whatever way its dressed up, and for all the excuses it was a poor window.

Right back X
Striker X
Left back X
Taylor permie X
Sell best young prospect /
Sell joint top scorer /

Is there anyone on this forum, apart from me, who isnt ‘in the know’..?! ?

Just think up something and post it with lots of conviction. When someone challenges you say you can’t reveal the source but is very reliable. Then when it doesn’t happen - say something went wrong. When it does claim you know it all.

I’ve known two things this season. 1 - that Fosu had a 750k release. 2 - that Atkinson didn’t make it through a medical at another league 1 club

Well it was hardly a secret we were in for those two.
Just being pedantic, you said that Will Grigg was a loan deal when in fact we made an offer to buy.
The initial discussion was around a loan deal. Sunderland did not want to do a loan to a promotion rival (Tranmere are not a promotion rival!), but said pay x amount and he's yours. A deal was put together for a permanent deal which was very competitive and Grigg wanted to move, but then Sunderland said no at the last minute.

With O'Donnell, it may have been worth asking him if he fancied the move prior (like Brentford did via Baptistes agent).

Whatever way its dressed up, and for all the excuses it was a poor window.

Right back X Thorne/Hanson/Fords
Striker X Agyie was going out on loan to make way
Left back X Long
Taylor permie X Still can be done
Sell best young prospect / was always going
Sell joint top scorer /

You missed bringing in kelly, Holland, Browne and Atkinson who is one for the future like Dunkley was.

Interesting how everyone wants to know everything about the goings on behind the scenes, loves a little gossip, and reads everything into any half story or comment from the board. During each transfer window, these pages are flooded with people wanting information.

But when information is provided then it suddenly becomes crass to share this knowledge. But only if it's right, they love pointing out when it's not!

So I know it goes against everything some want to say, but yes we did have a deal in place for Grigg only for it to be pulled at the last minute, as I said. And yes, we did everything we could to bring O'Donnell in, and he was initially open to a move, but changed his mind just before the Newcastle game, as I said.

I was also the first to say that deals were done for Holland and Kelly, although got Marcus Browne wrong for those wanting to have a dig!!

So, money really wasn't a problem, both deals were accepted by the selling clubs. But we wasn't going to compromise the talent we were looking at once these deals fell through.

So feel free to ignore what I post, or jump in with little personal jibes, but maybe some can climb off their high horses for a little while!

Interesting how everyone wants to know everything about the goings on behind the scenes, loves a little gossip, and reads everything into any half story or comment from the board. During each transfer window, these pages are flooded with people wanting information.

But when information is provided then it suddenly becomes crass to share this knowledge. But only if it's right, they love pointing out when it's not!

So I know it goes against everything some want to say, but yes we did have a deal in place for Grigg only for it to be pulled at the last minute, as I said. And yes, we did everything we could to bring O'Donnell in, and he was initially open to a move, but changed his mind just before the Newcastle game, as I said.

I was also the first to say that deals were done for Holland and Kelly, although got Marcus Browne wrong for those wanting to have a dig!!

So, money really wasn't a problem, both deals were accepted by the selling clubs. But we wasn't going to compromise the talent we were looking at once these deals fell through.

So feel free to ignore what I post, or jump in with little personal jibes, but maybe some can climb off their high horses for a little while!

oh good lord spare us. This is painful

Not a huge surprise Kip forgot to mention those signings!
We failed to strengthen where the manager wanted to strengthen. There were some decent signings but they were to fill gaps due to planned player sales.

As ive said before, i dont have any true issue with the sales though im not convinced we got true value.

We replaced seemingly well. We have a very strong midfield and wide. We are still brutally bare in other areas and that is ultimately what will cost us a promotion shot.

‘Some can climb off their high horse’ ....... You, maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom