General Radox 5 minute Forum

Fourthstand

What a waste of time. Last evening was a master class from Neil McWilliams in political skullduggery by not answering the question. Instead we were treated to bland statements that he wanted to get across. I’m also surprised Jerome allowed it to happen. Sample: how much do we still owe Eales? Answer: our payment plan Is up to date.

What a waste of time. Last evening was a master class from Neil McWilliams in political skullduggery by not answering the question. Instead we were treated to bland statements that he wanted to get across. I’m also surprised Jerome allowed it to happen. Sample: how much do we still owe Eales? Answer: our payment plan Is up to date.

The correct answer is that we don't owe Eales anything. Tiger owes Eales for the purchase of the club..

He definitely does not want to answer that question does he.
He was asked how much was owed to DE and when will the loan be paid off.
I really cant see why he didnt say that all payments are on schedule and the loan should be paid off in August 20 or whatever the payment plan says?
He is far less upfront and straightforward that Eales was in most of his tenure.
Jerome cant really challenge as it is 5 minutes only and there are only what 5 to questions asked in that time anyway.
It should really be 15 minutes minimum with Jerome able to challenge in my view.

The correct answer is that we don't owe Eales anything. Tiger owes Eales for the purchase of the club..
Well you might be right but on the basis that oufc transfer fees received are going towards this loan, then supporters not surprisingly want to know when the loan will be paid off.

Well you might be right but on the basis that oufc transfer fees received are going towards this loan, then supporters not surprisingly want to know when the loan will be paid off.

The correct answer is that Oxford United Football Club Limited owe money to Eales (and have quite a few other debts - see latest accounts - widely available)

The club is owned entirely by this Limited Company set up by Tiger for that specific purpose. Should Tiger, or his financial backers, decide to walk away, they can without any personal liability. They would lose whatever they had invested but, any debts would be liable to that company i.e. Oxford United.

Here is a link which explains the set up in fairly basic, clear English which should enlighten even the most die hard of the head in sand brigade.
What does it mean to be a "limited company"

As to what Mr McWilliams said, or didn't, I cannot be arsed to waste any more time over his avoidance of any clear answers. As @Fourthstand so succinctly put it: a master class from Neil McWilliams in political skullduggery.

Mind you, he did seem to be very excited about putting a steward in control of the zebra crossing by the Bowlplex. About his level, I guess.

He did hint that we are likely to see another signing, although did say that was KR/TS's decision.
The fact that he was allowed to duck the question about the money owed to Eales was really frustrating - poor journalism tbh.

If we are going to steward the open end car park, it would do more good to stop people parking on the bit of road which forms the entry/exit to the car park on the corner of the cinema. Cars parked there make it a single track road and yes, people do want to enter the car park at 4:55 on a Saturday which log-jams the junction and is one of the main reasons why it can take an hour to get out of the overflow car park!

If we are going to steward the open end car park, it would do more good to stop people parking on the bit of road which forms the entry/exit to the car park on the corner of the cinema. Cars parked there make it a single track road and yes, people do want to enter the car park at 4:55 on a Saturday which log-jams the junction and is one of the main reasons why it can take an hour to get out of the overflow car park!

This was another question that was misinterpreted, as it was suggesting that crossing by the cinema should be patrolled BEFORE the game to prevent traffic backing-up towards the Science Park. For some reason they started talking about traffic getting out of the car park AFTER the game (which is equally poor).

Compare Naill's communication to Zaki's and its worryingly chalk and cheese. If Niall was my boss, I wouldnt trust a word he says! Evasive, vague, cryptic and defensive. All things you shouldnt be when tasked with openness. I think these PR exercises are great in some ways but when you have Niall answering questions like its a police interview, it undoes the good work the other board members have done recently.

Don't think Rad Ox can be bothered with him either theres not even it a link up on their twitter. I saw him at the oxvox fan forum last year and before it even started I was thinking that's a man who does not want to be here from his body language. He went on to confirm my opinion, I did not bother to listen last night, the format is poor and it's it's worst when he's on.

No - the correct answer is that Eales (via the holding company Ensco) didn't sell any of his shares in OUFC. Eales is being repaid by the club repaying debt owed to Ensco. Some of that is funded by Tiger's holding company putting money into the club, some by the known transfer instalments on players sold before Tiger took over, and some perhaps by transfer fees on player sales / sell ons after Tiger took over, and also any other repayment agreed.

The more important question is how much is or was owed to Ensco, and has it all been agreed to be repaid? Which also needs people to understand where that debt comes from.

Compare Naill's communication to Zaki's and its worryingly chalk and cheese. If Niall was my boss, I wouldnt trust a word he says! Evasive, vague, cryptic and defensive. All things you shouldnt be when tasked with openness. I think these PR exercises are great in some ways but when you have Niall answering questions like its a police interview, it undoes the good work the other board members have done recently.

All the skills you need to deal effectively with Ofsted ?

As to what Mr McWilliams said, or didn't, I cannot be arsed to waste any more time over his avoidance of any clear answers. As @Fourthstand so succinctly put it: a master class from Neil McWilliams in political skullduggery.

Mind you, he did seem to be very excited about putting a steward in control of the zebra crossing by the Bowlplex. About his level, I guess.

said 'Steward' may be given a Head Prefect badge ? ;)

Last edited:
The fans forum at Ox City before the youth game v Bournemouth. Where was he, he was hid in the Ox City boardroom away from the crowds and forum.. whys that?

I’ve the upmost respect for him for all he’s done in his life for many thousands of kids in his school(s) role not his role at Ox is very concerning and needs questioning imo

The fans forum at Ox City before the youth game v Bournemouth. Where was he, he was hid in the Ox City boardroom away from the crowds and forum.. whys that?

I’ve the upmost respect for him for all he’s done in his life for many thousands of kids in his school(s) role not his role at Ox is very concerning and needs questioning imo
Have to agree with the concerns. He may well do more than we see and if so, fair play but, the image we get to see and hear, is not working.
He may well have been a good "headmaster" but that role became more political in nature many years ago and I fear, that is how he sees his role with OUFC. The sound bites and non commited answers in a fans forum, especially one of only 5 minutes duration, are counter productive. KR talks from his heart (not connected to brain on many a time) Tiger enthuses over his "toy" and Zaki talks as a financial whizz kid and sells the product. We want to hear stuff that makes us feel good not the circumnavigating and repetitive political/management speak that we get from N McW. He's in the wrong job.

Back
Top Bottom